power-up issue of the third kind

Discussion in 'Lenovo / IBM' started by Useroo, May 15, 2022.

1. Useroo

Useroo

Hello.

My "old" Lenovo Flex 2 15 started a very weird behavior about a month or so ago.

While it was on EVERYTHING works perfectly.

But after shutting it down completely (power down) and later or next day trying to power it up again it would maybe, or maybe not come on. I often have to wait 2 or more days before it powers on again - and when it does EVERYTHING works perfectly!?

I had the lappy already at a techie, albeit a Brazilian techie (meaning sloppy jobs) and tried a whole bundle of things, like wipe the HD clean and make a fresh install of Windows 10, the techie checked all the hardware inside, we replaced the BIOS battery, we run Lenovo diagnostics - oh yes, the inside of the lappy has always been kept clean, so the fan and all components in there would operate properly.

The battery seems to charge normally, the power-on issue happens regardless of trying in battery only mode or with the power cord plugged in.

The funny suggestions of static electricity release and xx seconds power button pressing and all other related suggestions have been tried (with the limitation that this battery can't be removed, only temporary disconnected, but then the laptop does not power on at all).

In short, a perfectly working laptop that plays primadonna at will and only powers-up every other day or two or three, what could be the problem?

What we did not try is a completely new motherboard, because those are rare to find and need to be imported from China, not very exiting prospect, especially since i have no idea if it is really the motherboard, or the battery, or the RAM, or the HD, or some weird hidden setting in the OS that turns the lappy off for a duration that depends on how long it was on - the longer i have it on the longer is usually the wait before it powers on again.

Useroo, May 15, 2022
Ask a Question