Power Problem

Discussion in 'Laptop Hardware' started by boyle, Oct 25, 2013.

1. boyle

boyle

Hi, I have just joined the forum in the hope of some help with my problem.I have an acer aspire one 722 about 18 months old,and am having a problem charging the battery,when I plug in the power cord the battery isnt charging but on occasion if I move the cable I get beep or two and sometimes it starts to charge.
    I have tried booting up the notebook with just the power cord and the battery removed but nothing happens notebook stays dead. The power connector when I use it in the notebook power socket seems quite shaky or loose. I would appreciate any help, thanks

boyle, Oct 25, 2013
  2. boyle

Brian8gbSSDLinux

Quote " the notebook power socket seems quite shaky or loose"

You maybe hit the nail on the head... the weakest part of any laptop is the Power socket - where it is soldered onto the motherboard (mobo).

IF you feel that you are an ace at soldering; look into dismantling the laptop case... (Google dismantle Manufacturer MODEL No. ) using YOUR laptop details..

If you are 'iffy' about soldering - try a local Small Computer shop or PC World repair team... Ask for a quote... they will probably do it for MUCH less than the cost of a replacement Mobo.

Hope this is helpful

Brian8gbSSDLinux, Oct 30, 2013
  3. boyle

boyle

thank you

boyle, Oct 30, 2013
  4. boyle

RaphealS

Is there anywhere else you would recommend?
    Only ask as i live in a small town, all the local PC repair shops have gone into liquidation, and PC World...
    Well lets just say we have some bad blood between us.
    Im tempted to just remove the HDD and send off to this Laptop repair site my sister found.
    But i was wondering if there is anyway i could vet them, or things i should look out for?

I have a simular power issue, tried a replacement cable/box and still nothing :(

RaphealS, Feb 17, 2014
  5. boyle

Brian8gbSSDLinux

I did not find any obvious complaints about the company; they do appear to be widespread throughout the country though; I wonder if that actually means they have 'bought out' all the local service companies and have them shipping the stuff to a central workshop ?

Ask for a quote; how much and how long it will take...

Rather than taking the hard drive out... which might mean the Company send it back un-repaired... I would suggest backing up important info onto a different computer or to an external hard drive (using the different computer).

Hope this is helpful

Brian8gbSSDLinux, Feb 18, 2014
  6. boyle

RaphealS

Yes it is helpfull thankyou.
    I just assumed it was generally best practice to remove the HDD when sending a PC away, but i guess it isnt the best in all cases.

Would the HDD cause and issue with it powering on? There is no lights or anything when putting in the adaptor.

Anyway, i will ask for a quote :)

RaphealS, Feb 18, 2014
Ask a Question