Power Management issues after latest bios

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by mutations, Jan 18, 2010.

1. mutations

mutations

After having intermittent screen flickering problems (only while using Windows) and occasionally experiencing blank screen issues (sleep or hibernate to fix), I updated my bios to the latest version. It appears to have mostly solved the screen flickering and blanking issues, but now I have a new problem.

Windows power management settings for hard disk spin down are ignored. Even on AC power I hear the drive spinning up after I click on something for a minute or so of inactivity. I'm under the impression that it wears the drive out to spin up and down constantly.

Is this a known issue? Anyone else experiencing it?

Thanks

mutations, Jan 18, 2010
  2. mutations

Dra6on45

On which model, D250 or D150? On my D150 I think it does the same thing, I hear the hard drive spin up every so often. When the computer is on and just sitting idle like every 15 minutes, this only started after I upgraded to the latest BIOS. I might revert back to the old BIOS and see if it continues. I went from BIOS v1.07 to the latest one for the D150.

Dra6on45, Jan 19, 2010
  3. mutations

mutations

Yeah mine's a D150 also. I'll post back when I find out if it happens under a different OS

mutations, Jan 19, 2010
  4. mutations

mutations

It doesn't happen under debian.. I believe I have the latest drivers so I'm still not sure why this is happening.

mutations, Jan 23, 2010
  5. mutations

Dra6on45

I don't remember if it happened before I updated the BIOS but it happens now, when I hear the hard drive spin back up the computer lags, I may have to revert back to 1.07 bios and go from there. Also, I bought my D150 refurbished, if that makes a difference. It still works though. Maybe the hard drive may fail but I got warranty to cover that.

Dra6on45, Jan 30, 2010
Ask a Question