Power Cuts Out After ~30-60 seconds

Discussion in 'Laptop Hardware' started by giveadamakick, Dec 28, 2008.

1. giveadamakick

giveadamakick

My Acer was powered up for the first time on Christmas Day. I used it briefly, then let the battery charge up fully. After a couple of days I had exhausted the battery for the first time, so naturally I let it charge up again.

Now when I turn it on, it has power for about 30-60 seconds (it varies each time) then it powers off. It doesn't matter whether Windows is booting up or if I'm in the BIOS menu, the power still cuts off. I initially presumed that I had got a dodgy battery, but with the battery removed, running straight off the mains, the problem still occurs.

Has anyone else had this problem? I'm thinking I'll bring it back to the point of purchase for a refund and pick up a rival netbook, I don't have time to use the warranty and send it off to get repaired as I'm heading off travelling in three weeks, which is what the netbook was bought for in the first place! If someone knows of a solution to this problem it might save me the hassle, it's a nice little machine when it works...

giveadamakick, Dec 28, 2008
  2. giveadamakick

donec

Sounds to me like maybe the fan died and the AAO is trying to protect the system from over heating.

donec, Dec 28, 2008
  3. giveadamakick

absorber1

sounds like fan problem , i took mine apart and forgot to plug it back in , and that is what happened to me , sorry to say but u should return it :( they should just replace it with new one and not make you wait , if so return it and buy another AAO , They are great little netbooks , compared to others you get a great bang for the buck !!!!

absorber1, Jan 1, 2009
Ask a Question