Post memory upgrade Touchpad issues

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by robruck, Feb 17, 2009.

1. robruck

robruck

I've upgraded the memory in my AA1 150 by 1 Gig, and it all seem's to be working properly except for the touchpad, which isn't quite working..
    I've checked, double and triple all of my connections, and I can't see any breakages or other problems from the dis/reassembly.

Now the problem, on bootup the pointer can be moved in the pre Linpus launcher window, but the moment that it does appear, the pointer will not move at all, however, the buttons work and even the scroll feature works, but not the actual movement.

I can make the touchpad functional by removing the psmouse module and then doing modprobe again, which further suggests there's nothing wrong with the hardware. I'm suspecting that the bootups I did between completely putting the machine back together to verify memory, etc. somehow may of changed the device being used for input, or that the touchpad is now ignored.

Any help gratefully received.

robruck, Feb 17, 2009
  2. robruck

robruck

As per usual, I search for ages, post a question, then randomly stumble on the solution straight away.

It involved commenting out SHMConfig from xorg.conf, and removing ~/.gsynaptics. Et voila, functional gsynaptics touchpad.

robruck, Feb 17, 2009
  3. robruck

chuckcalo

Have you tried pressing FN+F7 ?

chuckcalo, Feb 17, 2009
Ask a Question