Please help

Discussion in 'Windows' started by car3194, Jan 11, 2009.

1. car3194

car3194

I bought the AA1 A150 yesterday. I am in Germany and purchesed it from a German store the OS is XP I have been trying to switch the language to english I went into reginal setting but USA is not there is there a way to get the operating system to work in english. :?:

car3194, Jan 11, 2009
  2. car3194

BelgianAlien

Seeing as though you bought it in Germany, you might have gotten stuck with a version of Win XP on which the English language support is not installed.
    Try This:
    start menu, settings, control panel, "regional and language options", then do the following
    1/ in the tab "languages" (middle tab) at the bottom there is a drop down "language used in menus and dialogs" - select english
    2/ in the tab "advanced" (right-hand tab) at the top in the section "language for non-unicode programs" select "english" from the drop down
    3/re-boot

If USA is not in the regional settings, are any other English speaking countries (UK for example)?

Hope this helps.
    Belgian Alien.

BelgianAlien, Feb 25, 2009
  3. car3194

BelgianAlien

Did some further research on this. Seems like you might need an English copy of the XP install. Supposedly you can install the English version over the German one and use the license key from your Deutsch version to activate the English one you installed over it. The MS web site is not much help... this was all I could find on other forums where people are faced with the same problem.

Good luck.

BelgianAlien, Feb 25, 2009
Ask a Question