Planning on backpacking through Europe, need advice on what to purchase

Discussion in 'Which Laptop should I buy?' started by OursIsTheFury, Apr 23, 2016.

1. OursIsTheFury

OursIsTheFury

Hey there. I'm planning on backpacking through Europe starting next year, and I need to work online while doing so. Seeing as I have been using a desktop all my life, I figure I'd come to this forum to ask for your opinion. I need a laptop that:

1. Has a really long battery life (24 hours or so) because I will be traveling from place to place
    2. Light enough because I need to carry it in my backpack 24/7
    3. Can still play high end games

Price is not a problem, all I need is a recommendation from you guys. Thanks in advance for the responses!

OursIsTheFury, Apr 23, 2016
  2. OursIsTheFury

something back

Welcome to the laptop-forums site

I cannot help with recommending a laptop,however you may have to take in to consideration

the differences in voltage E.U. VOLTAGE 220 TO 240 VOLTS and have the correct adaptors.

Get yourself a virtual private network (VPN) to keep you safe in hotels, and internet cafe's

something back, Apr 23, 2016
    IcyBC likes this.
  3. OursIsTheFury

IcyBC

Somebody will bite my head off to see this, but I think a Macbook is nice to have from my six months experience with it. My battery lasted for more than a day, but I don't play games, and I set it on battery saving mode. It is light enough for me. However, not sure how long will your back lasts with it in your backpack!

IcyBC, Apr 23, 2016
  4. OursIsTheFury

OursIsTheFury

Wouldn't it kinda look like a big target on my back though, for thieves and pickpockets I mean? Having a Macbook means I have lots of money to spare if I can just take that thing out in the middle of nowhere Europe. Something less obvious, even though price is not an option. Any suggestions? Also, if I may add, it needs to be durable too, because if I go to places, it may get bumped, it may fall out of the bag, etc.

OursIsTheFury, Apr 27, 2016
  5. OursIsTheFury

Jonathan Jenkins

The 12in Macbook is a good option from the battery life point of view, though it sounds like you'd want a faster processor. If you really need more than 10 or 12 hours battery life, then you may need to consider a tablet of some kind. You can then top up the power from an external battery pack more easily than a standard laptop. Maybe the Surface Pro or the iPad Pro would be worth a look, as they have reasonable keyboards too.

Jonathan Jenkins, Apr 27, 2016
Ask a Question