Photo Editing Program

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by ABB, Dec 3, 2008.

1. ABB

ABB

I have downloaded two photo editing programs, using the Linux editions: Picasa and GIMP. I can see that the files were placed on the netbook, but I cannot find a way to actually execute the downloaded files. I am using Linpus Linux Lite. I would like to install a photo editing program. Any help would be appreciated!!

ABB, Dec 3, 2008
  2. ABB

daldred

daldred, Dec 3, 2008
  3. ABB

subs

Also check on the google linux repository and choose the script for feedora ...this is the automatic script

i installed that and then downloaded picasa 2.7 and then typed picasa in the terminal and it installed... total installation was like 30 minutes. so easy... picasa is the best...thank you google! :)

subs, Dec 13, 2008
  4. ABB

DiSK

Have you activated the advanced mode yet? Like, can you get a menu when you right click on the desktop? If you can, get to the package manager, and search for GIMP. Then just install it from there. At least, that's what I remember...After installing XP, honestly, I don't use Linpus anymore... :lol: So sad...I liked it, but XP is just too simple. XD

DiSK, Dec 14, 2008
  5. ABB

RockDoctor

It won't work for Picassa, but for GIMP, open a terminal and
    Code:
    yum check-update
    yum install gimp

should work

RockDoctor, Dec 14, 2008
Ask a Question