Performance not as good as it should?

Discussion in 'Windows' started by Jazzle, Jan 14, 2009.

1. Jazzle

Jazzle

Currently I've Windows 7 installed on my Aspire One, the performance is OK, but not better than vista, and maybe even a bit worse.
    All of the Aero window animations don't go smoothly, it's not that the animation has a low framerate, it's just one little hickup.
    Also in Media Center, the performance is much much worse than it was on Vista.

Actually, my Windows Experience Index is lower than that of other Aspire one users, I think:
    cpu: 2.2 (low?)
    memory: 4.5
    graphics: 2.4 (low?)
    gaming graphics: 3.0
    Hard disk: 2.9 (low for the HDD version?)

I guess it's a driver problem, but which?
    All drivers were installed OK out of the box (except 'base device' but that's just the cardreader), Graphics seem to be alright out of the box too.
    I did install Vista Intel chipset drivers, but it had no effect on performance at all.

Jazzle, Jan 14, 2009
  2. Jazzle

furiousgibbon

processor: 2.1
    ram: 4.4
    graphics: 2.1
    hard disk (8gb samsung SSD): 2.0

:|

furiousgibbon, Jan 15, 2009
  3. Jazzle

runtohell121

cpu: 2.2
    memory: 4.4
    graphics: 2.3
    Hard disk: 2.9

is my score for window 7..

runtohell121, Jan 15, 2009
  4. Jazzle

Jazzle

Do any of you also experience the little hickups in window animations?
    When I close a window the animation just isn't smooth whereas it was in Vista.

Jazzle, Jan 15, 2009
  5. Jazzle

maltloaf

my scores are pretty much all comparable to yours except the hdd score. Mine comes in at 5.1

The only driver I installed was the one for the sd card readers everything is as it was out of the box

maltloaf, Jan 15, 2009
  6. Jazzle

sjb05004

My processor was rated lower than it was in Vista Ultimate, however using Windows 7 has proven to be the most enjoyable and most responsive OS I've had on the machine yet. My cpu and ram usage are at a decent idle which is much lower than it was in Vista. I've also found that using my 2gb SD card with readyboost in Windows 7 seems to make more of a difference than it did in Vista. I am enjoying my AAO more than I did before!

sjb05004, Jan 16, 2009
Ask a Question