PCWorld: Wait for nVidia Ion

Discussion in 'Laptop Hardware' started by info, Dec 19, 2008.

1. info

info

Agree. There seems to be a lot of contradictory articles from a range of dates on that subject (of Intel allowing...).

info, Dec 30, 2008
  2. info

Guest Guest

i just got a sexy blue one as well on xmas and love it to death. i know its not a gaming machine, i never expected that. Though with todays tech I do expect for it to handle some and at least DVI. The Aspire One is so close to perfect not only in its aesthetic design but engineering as well. If it could handle just a little bit more they would acquire a larger demographic thus improving sales and a better chance at world domination : D. I could be wrong but its my personal, unbiased opinion that aims for challenging their status quo.
    -Toast

Guest, Dec 31, 2008
  3. info

Ranger Wolf

I think the real question, is why would it ever be designed to handle new, extreme graphic games when it doesn't even have a mere cd drive? if you want a gaming machine (which even a lot of LAPTOPS aren't) then go buy a gaming laptop thats designed for it

Ranger Wolf, Jan 2, 2009
  4. info

erietdyk

Sorry to raise from the grave here, but, honestly? I have a budget geforce 7300GS that I've been using since the 7 series first came out, and I've never had a problem with it, or with drivers. Also, nForce 2 and 3? Get with the times. You don't see Sony offering service or extended warranties on their old Trinitrons, do you? Why would you expect any different from a computer company. Seriously!

erietdyk, Jan 2, 2009
  5. info

erietdyk

The real question is why WOULDNT someone want a 9" Notebook capable of playing the latest games? Hell, you're never going to be top notch, especially for $600, but on a 9" Screen, you can't tell the bloody difference! Textures and detail look the same on the 9" screen then they do on my 21" Screen hooked up to my desky, all because its so tiny! Obviously you don't, but I think the masses would enjoy a mini, portable gaming machine. Hell, give it bluetooth, and wireless xbox & ps3 controller connectivity, and everyone and their mom would want one, just because of capabilities! Think about what you could do with such a powerful, tiny computer. Increase the size a little bit, drop in a 100% full sized keyboard, and since this reference design is so small, build off of it and you'll have space left over for a HDD, some flash card support, maybe some expresscard, and an optical drive. There's so much potential here, people just don't see it. Even for the casual gamer like me, who only really plays WoW, make the sim card slot an option, so I could play WoW anywhere I wanted to. Would you not want a 10" computer, which plays recent, fun games, with a decent playable screen area, that includes, hell, maybe even a bluray player, which can PLAY those bluray movies at 1080p, and also be able to recieve and send e-mails, IM's, and play online games? Sounds like an orgasmic experience to me.

erietdyk, Jan 2, 2009
  6. info

info

I'm not sure if I really need all that power until I try it out. :D

info, Jan 2, 2009
  7. info

jackluo923

ya know what, this underfilling problem only affects graphic cards. It doesn't affect chipsets with integrated graphics. Plus, nvidia changed their filling material to something else(hitachi brand or something).

jackluo923, Jan 4, 2009
  8. info

jbdarkblue

I really have no need to run vista or 7 on a netbook. Nor would I need one that can play videos 1080p. Now where I see this thing having potential in my eyes is if the platform uses about the same power as the 945gse, would there be some sort of software to underclock the 9400M down to the performance of the 950 gma to increase battery life?

jbdarkblue, Jan 4, 2009
  9. info

Ranger Wolf

I'm not sure of 1080p videos, but the AAo can run all of my 720p videos with no problems at all

Ranger Wolf, Jan 5, 2009
  10. info

info

info, Jan 12, 2009
  11. info

info

12. info

info

13. info

info

14. info

info