PC World Returns...

Discussion in 'Which Laptop should I buy?' started by nizmo, Jul 27, 2008.

1. nizmo

nizmo

I bought the aspire one from pc world a couple weeks ago, but now I think I would rather like the HDD version. Now I already had tried to get a refund from pcworld and they refused because there was nothing wrong with it. I thought they had the same policy as Argos where you can just take it back if you change your mind.

The person went off and asked to make sure and he came back saying that the most they would do is exchange it for something else, either of same value or higher value. I had made up that it was just too small for my fingers and to use properly in the hope to get the refund... but of course not...

What can I do to get a refund ? The one I tried to take back was already an exchange because of a noisy fan( and it was BAD), and the receipt I got back mentions its an exchange, would this be a cause for concern in my quest for a refund?

The only option is a refund because they don't have the HDD version yet. And if I did say I would like an exchange for the HDD version, then they knew that I just wanted another and that the unit was fine for me, as they offered a exchange for something else as I mentioned that its just to small for my fingers, so why would I want another...

I could always go to another PC world store and come up with a new reason to get a refund... ( I already cant stand the store, and I forgot about my dislike for them cause I wanted the One badly, but walked out the store even more furious)

But I must be quick, because I am about half way through the 28 day refund policy thing.

Anyone help me out on this ?

nizmo, Jul 27, 2008
  2. nizmo

Andysan

Sorry to hear about your troubles my friend.

If they are happy to give you an exchange then they shouldn't mind giving you vouchers instead?

I don't believe they are obliged to give you a refund for any reason only if they can't replace it with an identical item.

Andysan, Jul 27, 2008
  3. nizmo

KiNG

not much you can do, I would get a credit note from the store and wait on the hard drive model coming out, then buy it.

if it wasn't opened there prob wouldn't be any questions at all for a refund and within 7 days - 7 days is the law in the UK as far as i can recall for returns for a refund.

KiNG, Jul 27, 2008
  4. nizmo

nizmo

Hmmm I see, credit note... Can I get this no questions asked really ?

nizmo, Jul 27, 2008
  5. nizmo

KiNG

best to call them, but if they were going to give you something of simlar value, i don't see there being any problem.

KiNG, Jul 27, 2008
Ask a Question