PC World have Stock of the 120GB Aspire One A150-AW

Discussion in 'Which Laptop should I buy?' started by Johny, Aug 20, 2008.

1. Johny

Johny

Been lerkin here for a while.

Following the tip this morning in the comments section of the blog I walked into
    PC World Tottenham Court Road and walked out with a White 120GB 512MB version of the Acer Aspire One for £229. The bloke told me all the
    PC World would have stock by the bank holiday weekend. This has got to be one of the cheapest ways to buy. Even better if you use a voucher to get the 5% off.

I bought the 8GB SSD version three weeks ago but returned it as I knew that there was better to come. So glad I did as they have also lowered the price of that one to £199. I would of been sad lossing £50 over threee weeks.

I was almost temped to by the Advent version of the MSi Wind for £279 a while back but compaired to my new One that looks well over priced!

Its been out of the box 5 minutes and allready the XP cd is rolling on.

:D :D :D

Johny, Aug 20, 2008
  2. Johny

gbee

B&^$[@¬ds, They refused to price match Play/Amazon at £219 on Saturday, then four days later drop the price by £50 to £199! That's put me right off
    PC World for life :evil:

gbee, Aug 20, 2008
  3. Johny

lotus49

Play.com don't have any. They had my order for 7 weeks and today I got fed up of waiting and cancelled my order. I have bought one (should that be One) on eBay for £199 but I have had to pay £25 postage :( . At least I should have it in the next day or so after a long wait.

I am not too pleased with play.com. I have had to shell out an extra £25 and they were useless when I kept ringing up to find out when they would get some stock in.

lotus49, Aug 20, 2008
  4. Johny

KiNG

PC World have the 8gb sdd for £199 now ! (told ya it would come down :p ok its in the sale but still)

KiNG, Aug 20, 2008
  5. Johny

Sid

I am still quids in, over £800 of savings on excess baggage charges :)

Sid, Aug 20, 2008
  6. Johny

KiNG

5% discount code for PC World
    Minimum Spend: £0.00
    Promotional Code: YAWAUG08
    Expiry: 31/08/2008

KiNG, Aug 20, 2008
  7. Johny

Lynos

Reserved mine online to collect tomorrow at Solihull. I hope they have them as I thought the 120GB version was a price mistake!

Don't forget the 5% code though. Its YAWAUG08 and will knock £11.99 off :D

It won't work for instore collection as its at the managers discreation.

Lynos, Aug 21, 2008
  8. Johny

cjmain

none in any stores neam me so ordered the 1gb xp blue for home delivery, won't cancel my amazon order until have one in my hands! Please post here if any of you get your PC Word order delivered.

cjmain, Aug 21, 2008
  9. Johny

cjmain

superEtrader now have a few 1gb blue xp avaiable. be quick. 299 plus £8 for next day delivery slightly more that PC World but you can have your hands on it by tomorrow! I am holding out for my PC World order now that it is ordered but thought I would give you guys a heads up if you are interested

cjmain, Aug 21, 2008
  10. Johny

sideways

http://www.laptopsdirect.co.uk/

ordered Wednesday at 5:30pm, delivered Thursday at ~ 4:30pm.

Blue 120Gb, 512mb, Linux.

Delivery was a little steep (Next Day), so total cost £244, but pretty pleased, I really had to have the 120Gb drive over the 8GB SSD.

I have a spare 512mb SO Dimm so will stick that in when I get the courage to take it apart. :)

sideways, Aug 22, 2008
  11. Johny

wavefinder

hi, reserved a blue 8g flash one in my pc world, but came out with the white one w/120 gig for an extra £30 instead! i asked about return policy and he says if you have opened box and used it they deduct 10%. just wondering ,because i don't know if i've made the right decision,what with all the reports of noisy fans etc. ok it makes a bit of noise,and i think after the live update it just may have got a bit quieter. i think i'll have to evaluate it over the weekend.but i find its a fantastic and impressive piece of tech! how are you pc world 120 giggers getting on with yours? :)

wavefinder, Aug 22, 2008
  12. Johny

phatman

Where are all these PCWorld stores with stock ? If I check on line none of them are showing as having stock :(

Cheers

Phat

phatman, Aug 22, 2008
  13. Johny

phatman

Sorry just to clarify my previous post - talking about the XP/HDD Models (PC World have had the Linpus/SSD models available for ages now).

Thanks

Phat

phatman, Aug 22, 2008
  14. Johny

cweather

Gave into temptation, and bought a 150-AW from my local Curry's - as it seemed a good deal. When I found out it was unable to boot from the SD card slot, I sent feed back to acer support, and was a bit miffed to find that I haven't got any warrenty with ACER, but only the DSG group's The Tech Guys . (Curry's/PC World etc) - which leaves me a bit miffed, as they're very much taylored to making money out of support, and are going to have little clue about the Linux world.

Re: Aspire Notebook Web-Support-Request #
    Hello, Thank you for contacting Acer.

Regarding your enquiry,

Any notebook or desktop PC that has been purchased at either Currys, Dixons or PC World is not currently supported by Acer directly. The Dixons Store Group have purchased all warranty terms from Acer, therefore for any software or hardware support please contact the “The Tech Guys” on 0870 901 3000 and they will be happy to repair the machine (if a hardware problem exists) or provide support for your operating system supplied with the machine.

Regards
    Mark H
    Acer Technical Support Team

cweather, Aug 25, 2008
  15. Johny

gbee

Oooh, nasty! Now I know why they were able to offer it with such a price reduction. I'm extremely glad mine had already been dispatched from Amazon which prevented me buying from PC World. My condolences to anyone who bought from PC World and needs something fixed under warranty. :(

gbee, Aug 25, 2008
  16. Johny

amj

You might want to drop in to your closest PC World, Currys or Dixons. I was in my closest PC World yesterday, and they had none of the 120 GB linux versions in stock, but they checked their internal inventory system and found nearby stores with some. A day later, I have a new toy.

Cheers,
    AJ

amj, Aug 25, 2008
Ask a Question