Pay someone for modding my AAO-150ea ..?

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by myksterx, Jul 11, 2009.

1. myksterx

myksterx

Hello fellow AAO users!

I am desperate for some mods on my AAO however i am not a solder person and do not want to attempt this on my laptop without the knowledge!

Would anybody do the following for me? :

1: Add internal Bluetooth
    2: Add internal 3G / HSPDA (or watever the letters are lolol)
    3: Add internal GPS (not sure if this is built in with the 3G or w.e?)
    4: Add 1gb memory
    5: Install a nLited XP - with only drivers for the AAO, no extras, very minimum.. (slipstreamed is it called?)

To begin, i can add the 1GB memory myself easy enough, also, i could probably do the XP Install, as i know how to do all of that.

However, i have never tried soldering and do not want to risk it for my laptops sake. And im willing to pay someone to do it for me as i cant be bothered to be completely honest!

I will purchase the necessary parts.. The person gets paid for doing the work i cannot do?

Is there anyone willing to do this for me, also, what price is a cheap price to pay for this service?
    How much would it be all in (labour / parts prices)

cheers guys!

located in sthelens, merseyside ....

myksterx, Jul 11, 2009
  2. myksterx

jerryt

Alot of work to add the 3G on the AOA150, soldering in the mPCIe connector and sim reader. Probably simplier at add a usb 3G dongle which fits in the 3G compartment, but then no GPS.

The other items are pretty easy.

jerryt, Jul 12, 2009
  3. myksterx

myksterx

hi mate,

the things that i can do myself are as follows :

stripping the laptop down so that the person who can solder can have access without messing with the fiddly bits, just doing what he is required to do (soldering)

i can add my own memory

i can install windows xp myself...

the only thing is i was thinking is the memory part and xp part, the person would be fiddling anyway so a little bit extra would pay them to add the stick in whilst they are there and also if they knew how to do the usb windows installation that too...

like i said i would do the soldering my self... but i have no skills whatsoever, also i have never EVER used a solder iron, however i have watched someone modding a c4ble m0dem (soldered a part onto the board) which seemed easy enough, however i dont want to kill my acer off when ive just paid £150 for it....

any suggestions for the soldering bit?

myksterx, Jul 12, 2009
  4. myksterx

jerryt

jerryt, Jul 12, 2009
  5. myksterx

adrianaitken

And remember you need to pop the slide switch out to trim it so you can control the 3G card and remove the screen to install 1 or 2 antennas for the 3G modem.
    As for soldering kit, I use one I got from Maplin's which also you to control the temperature and also use low heat solder.

adrianaitken, Jul 15, 2009
  6. myksterx

garrovick

For me, adding a 3G some thing, to mine, a trip to the shop would be in order. I would think of it as "Not creating a brick" insurance.

garrovick, Jul 15, 2009
  7. myksterx

myksterx

yes mate i do agree totally!

the thing is im wondering where to go and also how much it would cost?

i am willing to pay someone wonderful enough on the forums to do the work for me, however ide prefer local, for obvious reasons

myksterx, Jul 16, 2009
  8. myksterx

jerryt

jerryt, Jul 16, 2009
Ask a Question