Password for Acer Recovery

Discussion in 'Laptop General Discussion' started by UKPam, Sep 18, 2012.

1. UKPam

UKPam

Hello

I inherited my Acer Aspire 4920 from my son who lives in Singapore. I now want to do a recovery but I don't know the password, he, like all sons, is not hurrying to tell me - if indeed he knows what it is.

I have a copy of Vista Home so if I install this will I be missing lots of drivers thus making my lovely laptop unworkable. I really would prefer to do a proper Acer type recovery.

Please could someone also tell me what the biggest hard drive the 4920 will take. It has a 250 gig at the moment but I would like a little more.

Many thanks for reading this and I hope that you can help me.

Regards

Pam (McDonald)

UKPam, Sep 18, 2012
  2. UKPam

john

I think you can install the os and you can download the acer drivers from the internet.

john, Oct 23, 2012
  3. UKPam

dukeokoro

I lost the last of 3CDs for my system recovery. What do I do. Acer Aspire One

dukeokoro, Jan 11, 2013
  4. UKPam

dukeokoro

looking for recovery CD for my Acer Aspire One. Don't know how

looking for recovery CD for my Acer Aspire One. Don't know how

dukeokoro, Jan 11, 2013
  5. UKPam

EdWh

Password Recovery

Hi All. I know this is a old thread but just thought I would throw in some info.
    I have on a Hp 8510p. I did some Internet research for a repair manual and came up with a place in the UK for as I remember was less than $3.00 for Pdf download. It is a beauty and about as complete as you can get. In the manual it states how to remove a unknown password.
    This a business Laptop and you cannot access the computer without a password. In the manual it gives the process to remove the password. I did jot need it but the Manufacture repair manual will usually give this procedure. So $3.00 is a price well worth paying. However as I understand there are some Laptops out there that have the password in as chip and it is written in with a machine and can only be accessed and removed by a machine. I believe it is called a Bios writer.
    In windows it is easy to change a password if you have the old password in the security section of Windows system. Other than that a complete reload of O/S is in order.
    Just for info for some who have never had to work on this problem. EdWh :)

EdWh, Jun 26, 2013
Ask a Question