Overheating

Discussion in 'Laptop Hardware' started by remnant, Sep 10, 2016.

1. remnant

remnant

Sometimes you might come across an overheated laptop. Most people go into panic mode and go to the nearest repair shop. Before this, its prudent to check whether dust is responsible for blockage of the fan intake. This insidious problem can also be caused by fan malfunction (on starting, the computer may pop an error message after starting). In the former case, cleaning with compressed air should suffice. Otherwise, you might be headed to the repair shop if the heating is being caused by breakage of screws connecting the heatsink to the CPU.

remnant, Sep 10, 2016
  2. remnant

AntonioCalcano

Overheating issues are one of the most common problems for every user, specially if you're using your computer most of the time, or if you're using it for gaming or video editing. We all should take care of our computers and be aware with monitoring software always open because it's very likely our computer could suffer if left unattended.

AntonioCalcano, Sep 21, 2016
  3. remnant

SirJoe

Not only should you keep the air vents clear from dust but you should also use a cooling pad. It will most certainly make a huge difference.

SirJoe, Sep 23, 2016
  4. remnant

IcyBC

I had over heating problem with my HP laptop, and took it in for a repairman to clean. The air compressed can did do a great job, but it was not enough. I need to replaced the thermal grease, which the repairman did. Now, it is not as hot anymore, but the laptop remains humming the entire time I am using it. Something else needs repair I supposed, but I won't do it as that laptop only being used occasionally when I have to work on something that required Window.

IcyBC, Sep 23, 2016
  5. remnant

Corzhens

I am fortunate not to have experienced overheating of my HP Elite which I have been using for almost 3 years now. I hve to agree that one reason is the dust that may prevent the sensor to determine the growing heat inside the laptop. Another is the location where you use the laptop. I sometimes use my laptop in the dining table which has no air conditioning nor ventilation. And when someone is cooking in the kitchen, heat builds up in the area. Also, avoid using your computer against a wall for the heat tends to come back and re-circulate in the back of the computer.

Corzhens, Sep 24, 2016
Ask a Question