Overheating

Discussion in 'Laptop General Discussion' started by Fuzyon, Jun 7, 2016.

1. Fuzyon

Fuzyon

I have an Acer Aspire V15 Nitro and ever since I got it out of the box it overheats when I play graphically intensive games like Assassin's Creed Syndicate. I have the requirements to play the games but the laptop heats up quite a lot when I'm playing.
    I took the dust out of it and that helped but not a lot, I think I need to re-apply the thermal paste. Any suggestions?

Fuzyon, Jun 7, 2016
  2. Fuzyon

fcuco

Where are you placing your laptop? It is a well ventilated space? is it crowded with books, papers and stuff that's interfering with the air flow? Are you placing your laptop on a soft surface like a bed or a pillow? (That's a big no no). How hot and humid is the environment where you are using the machine? Can you turn the AC on? Have you tried to buy one of these cooling pads and place the laptop on top of it? They are usually pretty cheap and it could be a good alternative before you decide to open the machine and mess around with the components or thermal paste.

fcuco, Jun 13, 2016
  3. Fuzyon

Corzhens

I agree with @fcuco about the ventilation. If your table is crowded and there is no space for air to move, even if the laptop has a fan, it cannot fully ventilate the laptop's interior. Also check the surface of the table where you place your laptop because it is also a factor somehow. A rubber surface tends to absorb more heat than wood. One remedy would be to train an electric fan on your laptop when you are using it. And the best is to use your laptop in an air conditioned room.

Corzhens, Jun 15, 2016
  4. Fuzyon

vinaya

How old is your laptop? If it is too old, overheating is a common problem.
    Where do you place your laptop while playing? Always place your laptop on hard surface such as table.
    You can try cooling pad to minimize the over heating problem.

vinaya, Jun 15, 2016
  5. Fuzyon

obliviousme

That seems to be a common problem with laptops especially if you're running a program that's taking up so much of it's power. It's best to prevent overheating by using cooling pads, at least that's what i do.

obliviousme, Jul 19, 2016
  6. Fuzyon

Oakat

Yeah, make sure you're not playing on anything that keeps heat in. One of the worst things you can do with a laptop is run it on a bed or something. The fan just sucks in dust and can't dissipate heat properly. If possible, clean out your fan with a can of compressed air. That can make your computer run cooler.

Oakat, Jul 19, 2016
  7. Fuzyon

IcyBC

Over heating laptop is such a fascinating subject because I had this problem. I am always eager to learn how to avoid it, or how to fix it, or what kind of remedy I could apply.

I have used the compressed air can, and have also used laptop cooling pad. They only work for a short while. Not a problem solver!

IcyBC, Jul 19, 2016
  8. Fuzyon

judyd1

Even with a cooling pad, our older notebook heats up way too fast. I have stopped using it completely, and prefer to just sit in front of the PC or use a notebook if I need portability. I haven't heard of even one single brand of notebook that don't have some issue with running too hot.

It's got to be the ports, drives and add-ons. I mean, if they can make a notebook run absolutely cool, why can't someone come up with a solution for laptops?

judyd1, Jul 19, 2016
Ask a Question