Overcharging

Discussion in 'Other Laptop Models' started by eloquent2, Mar 26, 2021.

1. eloquent2

eloquent2

My ASUS Vivobook has been set for months to charge to only 80%. All of a sudden it is charging to 100% even though it is still set to charge to 80%. I uninstalled the software and reinstalled it. It worked for one day and has started charging to 100% again. What can be done?

eloquent2, Mar 26, 2021
  2. eloquent2

omthoke

Never had such a problem, but i'm curious to know why you've set it to 80% charging?

Also allow it to get discharged completely once in 1-2 months, and don't keep it on charging all the time

omthoke, Apr 12, 2021
  3. eloquent2

Shweta Singh

It isn't possible to overcharge a laptop battery. Leaving your computer plugged in after it is fully charged doesn't overcharge or damage the battery. However, keeping the battery consistently on the charger may not be the best idea if your goal is to optimize the battery life of your laptop. There's no way to “overcharge” these batteries. When you get to 100% charge and leave your laptop plugged in, the charger will stop charging the battery. The laptop will just run directly off the power cable.

Shweta Singh, Jan 10, 2022
Ask a Question