Over Heating Issues

Discussion in 'Acer' started by joshposh, Jul 7, 2016.

1. joshposh

joshposh

My Acer laptop of 4 years finally overheated and will not fire up anymore. It has been overheating for awhile and I even went to get a cooling pad to help with heat dispersion. It still over heated. If anything it gave it a slow death.

Has anyone else have issues with their Acre laptop and overheating situations? I still have my old Dell here that runs Windows XP and has got to be 10 years old. It still runs. Why is that?

joshposh, Jul 7, 2016
  2. joshposh

something back

Welcome to the laptop-forums site.

Before you scrap it, see if the vents are clogged, try a compressed air
    to clear the vents,and fan,it just may be clogged up that's what stopping it.

If that does not work remove the cpu, and apply thermal grease to the top.

If it has been overheating for sometime then the grease could have dried up.

Finally if your are certain to scrap it remove both the ram and hard drive
    you may wish to use them again.

something back, Jul 7, 2016
    IcyBC likes this.
  3. joshposh

Corzhens

This issue of overheating is what makes the desktop superior over the laptop. Don't get me wrong, my laptop is still good in all aspects. I just find that some laptops get overheated particularly the old ones. With the desktop, our tech in the office said that you can change the auxiliary fan to a stronger one so the heat will dissipate faster. But with the laptop, it is not common to change the fan. Besides, laptop cooling fans are not that strong.

Corzhens, Jul 7, 2016
  4. joshposh

vinaya

I used my last laptop for seven years. The over heating problem started when laptop became 5 years old. When the laptop becomes old over heating becomes a common phenomena. If you don't want to dispose your over heating laptop,the only way you can solve this prolem is by having a cooling pad. Cooling pad solves over heating probelm,

vinaya, Jul 8, 2016
  5. joshposh

hades_leae

Well, I want assume that it's because of all the different things you probably doing at once, which is really making it heat up. I had those problems, some things can't just be done with laptops that require heavy ram usage.

I don't know what you were doing, but with my laptop, it over heated because I many programs running, downloading multiple movies at the same time, loading multiple tabs and browsers, exploring the internet, and downloading youtube videos at the same time made my laptop go very slow, and heat up.

I didn't care because that's what I have it for, which is to fulfill my needs.

hades_leae, Jul 8, 2016
  6. joshposh

artyarson

Mine is currently suffering from it tremendously. Can't even watch YouTube for a long time. Is that dust collected inside or what?

artyarson, Jul 22, 2016
  7. joshposh

Allen1

You can use your power settings. It allow to turn down maximal CPU

Allen1, Aug 21, 2016
  8. joshposh

janemariesayed

Ever heard the song 'they don't build old cars like they used to?' I think this is the case with modern technology as well. A friend of mine still has a box screen and refuses to part with it because he never has any problems with it at all. My Acer thankfully has been fine and I would hope so at only three months old.

janemariesayed, Sep 8, 2016
Ask a Question