Operating systems for your AAO

Discussion in 'Windows' started by mmad, Dec 24, 2008.

1. mmad

mmad

These images are not unattended versions with license keys/cracks preapplied. Please remember that you will need to enter a key at some point, be it at the time of installation, or when the trial period expires. These are being posted as a means for everyone to customise their own discs, if they only have a recovery disc. If you need a license key/crack, then please do not ask for it here because I don't think its allowed. Anyways enjoy :).

[​IMG]

Firstly: the tool you need to extract these .sdc files:

Code:
    http://www.megaupload.com/?d=B0QCJMMQ
    Next - the actual operating systems:

Code:
    http://elms.pjwstk.edu.pl/sdc/
    [url]http://ftp.sh.cvut.cz/MSDNAA/Rapid_Setup/?C=M;O=A[/url]
    [url]http://oknos.fi.muni.cz/?C=S;O=D[/url]
    Examples of operating systems that are on those servers:

Windows Vista Retail x86 - MSDNAA Untouched
    Windows Vista Retail x86 SP1 - MSDNAA Untouched
    Windows Vista Retail x64 - MSDNAA Untouched
    Windows Vista Retail x64 SP1 - MSDNAA Untouched
    Windows Vista Retail x86 5 CDs - MSDNAA Untouched
    Windows Vista Business x86 - MSDNAA Untouched
    Windows Vista Business x86 SP1 - MSDNAA Untouched
    Windows Vista Business x64 - MSDNAA Untouched
    Windows Vista Business x64 SP1 - MSDNAA Untouched
    Windows Vista Business N x86 - MSDNAA Untouched
    Windows Vista Business N x64 - MSDNAA Untouched
    Windows Server 2008 x86 SP1 DVD - MSDNAA Untouched
    Windows Server 2008 x64 SP1 DVD - MSDNAA Untouched
    Windows Web Server 2008 x86 SP1 DVD - MSDNAA Untouched
    Windows Web Server 2008 x64 SP1 DVD - MSDNAA Untouched
    Windows Vista Enterprise x86 SP1 DVD - MSDNAA Untouched

You can use download managers on those servers, and you can resume aswell.

--------------------------------------------------

Once you have downloaded the right OS, its time to extract it. Rename the file to sdc, and remove the ".sdc" extension. Copy this into your "My Documents" folder. This is because command prompt starts at that point, and it saves time moving to another directory. Also extract the files from the unpacker I posted right at the top. Keep them both in the same directory. Then type:

Code:
    unpacksdc sdc c:\
    This will take a little while to happen. It took about 6mins for the XP pro SP3, and about 15mins to extract the Vista Business SP1. What the command will do is unpack the sdc into the C drive, so you'll end up with a folder containing the .iso file.

Thats it, your done :). These are ideal for you to customise, and make your own discs with vlite/nlite as no changes have been made to them at all.

One more thing: I posted 64bit versions aswell, so make sure that if you are downloading a version for your AAO, that it is 32bit (i.i. x86)

mmad, Dec 24, 2008
  2. mmad

DiSK

Tried downloading a bunch. Some, your unpacker doesn't work because of a new SDC encryption.

Also, all of the XP SP3 versions are nothing but the actual SP3 update, there is no Windows in it. Meaning, you can't nLite or vLite.

Mmad, would you mind explaining this? You also posted a link to the "XP SP3 iso" you used for your nLited XP, in your topic, but I downloaded that, and all it contains is the SP3 update.

DiSK, Jan 28, 2009
  3. mmad

jeremysdad

@ DiSk:

Not sure how he did his nLite, but tomorrow I am planning to slipstream a downloaded SP3 iso into my OEM SP1 disk, to make future reinstalls simpler. That may be what he did, again, I am not sure. I found a tutorial on theeldergeek.com, and am going to try it over the next couple of days. I need a new project, anyway...

*thinking*...If it winds up too big for 1 cd, will Windows care if it is being installed from a DVD? I would think not, but if anyone knows for sure, I would rather not waste DVDs. Thanks a bunch, as always... :)

jeremysdad, Jan 28, 2009
  4. mmad

mmad

Windows will install from a dvd, no problem :).

@DiSK

I probably sent you the wrong link, im sorry about that. I'm currently testing a new sdc extracter, and if its okay, then ill post that here.

http://oknos.fi.muni.cz/en_windows_xp_p ... -80428.sdc <--- this is the one

EDIT: So I just tried the "new" tool which ended up being the same tool as before. I managed to extract the iso file by skipping the crc (e.g. unpacksdc sdc c:\ skipcrc), but that gave me a corrupted file. Too be honest I'm not sure of any other way for me to extract sdc files at the moment. What I can do however, is upload the original ISO, which I still have - which makes it easier for you guys to make your own discs.

mmad, Jan 28, 2009
  5. mmad

DiSK

Actually, would any of you mind telling me what advantages SP3 has over SP2, besides updates? I've never updated my SP2 Windows, and it runs just dandy. SP3 has all that WGA garbage, doesn't it? I hate that crap.

@jeremysdad, good luck on slipstreaming. nLite is a great tool, and you'll love it after spending some time on it.

@mmad, actually, I would prefer if you could upload it. I think I've tried that iso, on some other site. I believe it also uses the B4 encryption method...Mind posting the new extractor you have?

DiSK, Jan 28, 2009
  6. mmad

jeremysdad

@ DiSK:

If I understand correctly, it is mainly just a bunch of different security updates, and some additional hardware support. Basically, it is just an easy way to do the whole MS Update without downloading for ages (dialup users).

jeremysdad, Jan 29, 2009
  7. mmad

DiSK

Yeah, that's what I found...So, is it worth it to update? I really don't want that WGA thing. Hahahaha.

DiSK, Jan 29, 2009
  8. mmad

SNOboy

Service packs include security fixes but mostly to close up remaining bugs in code, i would highly recommend installing sp3 not just for security fixes but for the operating system and how it runs hope this helps SNO

SNOboy, Mar 20, 2009
Ask a Question