Oh I love this new AOA 150-1126

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by Tavel, Oct 9, 2008.

1. Tavel

Tavel

After a month of fussing with the Linpus model, I decided to cut my losses and upgrade to the newest XP model with 6-cell battery. Oh I couldn't be happier, the mechanical HDD makes a HUGE difference, I had no idea the One was such a fast machine. The SSD users really got the short-end on that one. Plus, the XP install is clearly optimized as it has a very XFCE-like simple desktop.

The battery is awesome. I can chill on my couch without worrying about the power cable. I can go to school without the power cable. It's so embarrassing to bring a sexy laptop to class, only to ruin the moment by fumbling around for an AC outlet.

And surprisingly enough, I really like the color! I thought I'd feel like a mac-panther if I rocked the white case, but it's really nice. it doesn't show fingerprints at all which makes it feel clean. It's the same gloss coating as the other colors, but it's white...and fingerprints are white...so they don't show!

I'm so glad I traded up to the "premium" model, totally worth the loss I took on reselling the 8gb ssd model.

How does everyone else feel with their newest Ones?

Tavel, Oct 9, 2008
Ask a Question