Nvidia GF GO 360M alternative with same physical specs

Discussion in 'Laptop Hardware' started by usui, Jan 26, 2017.

1. usui

usui

Hello everyone,

In 2010 I got a custom laptop which contains a Nvidia GF GO 360M graphics card. The laptop still works great and does not require any hardware upgrades. From time to time however my laptop locks up onder my ubuntu and based on the system logs the graphics cards is probably the culprit.

As I built this laptop I figured it would be a piece of cake to just put in a new graphics card but after searching the web it turns out that finding the right card is difficult. The current card that I have is a MXM 3.0 Type-B. Based on what I found on the net there are multiple designs among graphics cards with that connection and I need one similar to mine to make sure that the cooling block in the laptop will be compatible with the new graphics card. Another challenge that I have found is that my BIOS needs to be compatible with the graphics card. In short I'm looking for a new MXM 3.0 Type-B graphics card with the same physical layout (as in same position of the GPU on the chip so my cooling block will fit) and preferably produced somewhere aroud 2011-2012 to maximize my chances of having BIOS compatibility.

I have already searched for a new Nvidia GF GO 360M graphics card as that would be ideal but unfortunately I couldn't find any.

Thank you for reading this post and let me know if you have any ideas :).

Kind regards,

Usui

usui, Jan 26, 2017
Ask a Question