Ntldr error

Discussion in 'Laptop General Discussion' started by LilAnn, Jun 23, 2015.

1. LilAnn

LilAnn

I was running a computer with XP. It crashed and I finally got a copy of windows 7. When I put it in the drive and turn on the computer it tells me the NTLDR is missing. Does anyone know how to get around this? And if not, does anyone know where I can get a quality computer for a good deal? I don't need it for anything but writing and a few exams

LilAnn, Jun 23, 2015
  2. LilAnn

something back

What is the model of your computer

It seems that you are not booting from the cd drive, but allowing it to boot up in xp.

Windows 7 will be able to overwrite the xp information when installing.

The good news is your computer IS REPAIRABLE so don't worry you wont need another one.

Simply the problem is that a software fault has occurred IN XP ,and two files are missing or not being found.
    You can repair this yourself.

YOU DO REQUIRE THE WINDOWS SETUP DISKS

Here's a video to help

Last edited: Jun 24, 2015
    something back, Jun 24, 2015
    LilAnn likes this.
  3. LilAnn

LilAnn

Thank you so much! I've tried repeatedly to make this work. I was already looking at new computer, lol. You know, the kind that already has windows installed

LilAnn, Jun 24, 2015
  4. LilAnn

IcyBC

I wish I know more how to repair my HP laptop since it is only two years old. Right now, it has the over-heating problem and can't load the page. Everything runs so sluggish that I get frustrated. I can take it in to the repair shop, but I haven't found one that I really trust my laptop to yet.

IcyBC, Jul 20, 2015
Ask a Question