Noob question about the battery ;)

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by pagh, Mar 26, 2009.

1. pagh

pagh

I just received my Acer Aspire one.

The problem occurs when I want to turn on the computer without the charger . When the machine is turned on with the powerconnector it works fine and says that the battery is fully charged, but when I take out the power plug from the computer it shuts down, just as if there were no battery on. I can not start the computer when the powerconnector isn't connected !

Someone who know what the problem is, or have an idea so?

pagh, Mar 26, 2009
  2. pagh

usvelt

Hi Pagh

This normally points to either a completely flat battery, a faulty battery or bad connection to the battery!
    The only way to really test this is to try a different battery.

usvelt, Mar 30, 2009
  3. pagh

barrie

I agree, it defiantly points to a problem with the battery or its connections. Out of curiosity when you have the charger plugged into the mains and turned on if you hover the mouse over the battery Icon what exactly does the pop-up box say?

Does it say ( Plugged in - - fully charged ) with a blue plug Icon?
    [​IMG]

barrie, Mar 31, 2009
  4. pagh

pagh

okay now I just tried to pull the charger out. and what! it continue! and went not out .. battery was 30% after a full day in the charger!

the computer was in the charger overnight and now the battery is fully charged! .. no wonder as what had gone wrong??

sory for bad english ;)

pagh, Mar 31, 2009
  5. pagh

ronime

That's not right. A 3-cell battery can normally be completely recharged in less than 3 hours.

Exercise your right to a warranty repair or replacement and let Acer worry about whether it is the battery or the netbook itself that is at fault.

ronime, Mar 31, 2009
Ask a Question