No headphone sound

Discussion in 'Laptop General Discussion' started by FMW, Feb 21, 2016.

1. FMW

FMW

I have an ASUS model X555LA. I get sound from the speakers but can't get sound from the headphone jack. Any ideas?

FMW, Feb 21, 2016
  2. FMW

Sefie

Have you checked the sound settings? This has happened to me before, but it's usually fixed after restarting the latop. Sometimes all I have to do is to plug and unplug the jack. If nothing else works then it's the headphones.

Sefie, Feb 21, 2016
  3. FMW

Pablo Diaz

Hey! I'd suggest going to the control panel, then to hardware and sound, then sound. You should see something called manage audio devices. See if your headphones show up in there when you plug them in.

If they don't show up, then try to update your drivers. If you still can't use the headphone jack, then it might be a hardware issue and you'll most like end up having to send the laptop to the manufacturer.

Hope you can solve your problem, man!

Pablo Diaz, Feb 21, 2016
  4. FMW

FMW

After trying everything I rebooted the computer with the headphones plugged in. Win 10 apparently figured it out. Now I have headphone sound. Thanks.

FMW, Feb 21, 2016
  5. FMW

djtech

Lol! That's classic windows. Anyways, I am glad its working for you now.

djtech, Mar 7, 2016
  6. FMW

Personablue

Yes, it happens to me time after time.If sometimes rebooting doesn't help then like the above poster said you can go into audio manager by clicking the speaker icon in desktop. There you can change the device from speaker to headphone.

Personablue, Mar 7, 2016
Ask a Question