No files in local window of FTP clients

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by Bob D, Aug 22, 2008.

1. Bob D

Bob D

OK I promise this will be my last topic for a while!

I have tried gftp, Kasablanca, and Filezilla and it's the same with them all.
    None of my files will appear in the local view. The only files that show are ones that were installed by the os. For instance if I put jpgs in the "Pictures" folder, the only ones that show in the ftp local view are the ones installed by Linpus. (ss-1.jpg, ss-2.jpg, etc.)

If I download via ftp a file from my website into a local folder, it shows up in the local view.

Any help???

Bob D, Aug 22, 2008
  2. Bob D

lighans

Same problem here and I'm quite confused.

If I look at the properties the owner is root. So Alt F2 and start mc in xterm. Logged in as root and even root doesn't see this pictures, while the "user" does see them in the filemanager. gFTP and FireFtp (ftp client from firefox) don't see any of this pictures. Well then I sent myself an email with these pictures (succeeded) and downloaded after receiving. But as root still no pictures ????? :?
    Strangely I can upload them via my website........

Who has this same strange problem and solve this?

Lighans

lighans, Sep 11, 2008
  3. Bob D

macles

There are three different directories which qualify as the home directory, you can read about it here. The file manager uses /mnt/home, while the others might be using another one.

macles, Sep 11, 2008
  4. Bob D

lighans

If I understand this article correctly then I should move the files to /home/user and they should be recognized by ftp-programs? I should test, unfortunately not on AA1 yet. ;)

lighans, Sep 12, 2008
  5. Bob D

lighans

If I understand this article correctly then I should move the files to /home/user and they should be recognized by ftp-programs? I should test, unfortunately not on AA1 yet. ;)

I couldn't resist and tried right away and it's correct. I'm happy, but just such a thing which isn't very hard to forget. Delicious is my friend :)

lighans, Sep 12, 2008
  6. Bob D

Bob D

I didn't do anything different, but one day it just worked! Wish all the problems I have with this machine would fix themselves like that!

Bob D, Sep 25, 2008
Ask a Question