No boot (even BIOS) after OS upgrade attempt

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by GueDS, Dec 29, 2009.

1. GueDS

GueDS

Hi All, my first post here and first of all i want to thank you for this excelent comunity.
    Unfortunately i knew it just now bringing an unsolved problem that happens to me when was trying to upgrade my Windows XP Professional to Windows Seven Home Premium, i was glad if i already know the comunity.

So, the problem said, details was:

I was trying to upgrade using an Internal DVDRW using it with adaptors to transform it in an external USB drive, the DVDR with Windows Seven inside and installing from windows xp.
    I choose to install a new fresh one version and not to keep old archives and programs (did my backup previously).
    Instalation went normaly till reboot, all fine, but when automatic restart was expected nothing happened, no boot, no BIOS screen, nothing.
    I shut of pc on power button and wait a little, unpluged DVDRW from USB and try another boot just to enter BIOS and start over a new isntallation from boot menu, but nothing comes on screen, its blank, over and over when power on. So i`m lost, what to do, or to try in this case? Is there an option to reset CMOS? Any help would be glad, and once more, thanks for this great comunity.
    Cheers.

PS. sorry for the english mistakes, i`m not 100% on it.

GueDS, Dec 29, 2009
  2. GueDS

GueDS

GueDS, Dec 29, 2009
Ask a Question