no battery meter

Discussion in 'Windows' started by grabejud, Jul 13, 2008.

1. grabejud

grabejud

ive just installed xp on this tiny netbook, everything went smooth, its just the battery meter doesnt show up. and when i enable the always show icon, its always on ac power even if unplug..does anybody experience this.

im planning to reformat to fat32 (coz i find the ntfs slows down everything on the ssd) and re-install back everything..dont want to go back to linpus

grabejud, Jul 13, 2008
  2. grabejud

grabejud

will proceed tonight with reinstall, formatting to fat32 and see if there are noticeable performance changes.

grabejud, Jul 14, 2008
  3. grabejud

grabejud

Re: no battery meter solved!

finally, my 2nd take on reinstalling back a fresh copy of xp pro. Now im using the full version, that means everything intact, just full fresh copy of windows xp pro
    i reformatted my drive to fat32, let it install. Approximately it took 57 mins to install the thing, quiet slow, but i patiently wait while it does its thing
    after the installation, i was surprise with its performance, coz the last time it was stalling many times, now it runs smoothly.
    what i did next was just disable system restore, i didnt disable prefetch. the drivers i installed are the vga, sound, card reader, audio and the wireless lan. after this, i stopped and dont bother to run the chipset for the moment. Now im a happy person, plus i tried copying a movie file (256mb dvd mpeg2 file) on the desktop and was surprise it took less than a minute when before it takes ages just to open my computer. I played the file with the free smplayer i downloaded and bang! smooth silky video.

so i conclude, the ntfs partition did slowed down the one about 40%, while runnig the video, i check the system taskbar and found out it was only running at 7% cpu..whooah !
    hope this helps guys. my next plan is of course, make some screen shots of my acer one..btw my acer one comes with 1 gb of ram

oh, and lastly, i got back my battery meter, and functions just the way it should be..

grabejud, Jul 14, 2008
  4. grabejud

KiNG

fat32 seems to be the way to go, good job.

KiNG, Jul 14, 2008
  5. grabejud

accs_centre

Are you mean the chipset driver installation is also slowing the system? TQ

accs_centre, Jul 16, 2008
  6. grabejud

grabejud

ive tried now installing the chipset. i found no performance gains. so i guess the replacement of their inferior ssd with a faster one is a must.
    im opting for a fast cf.

grabejud, Jul 17, 2008
  7. grabejud

Flux101

Sorry to drag this thread up, but is there a solution to this without reinstalling? I nLited an XP, and don't have a battery meter (and in power options, there's no laptop type options available such as what to do on closing the lid).

I think it's a driver issue - does anyone have, or know where I can download the battery drivers?

Flux101, Aug 29, 2008
Ask a Question