nm-applet disappeared from icon tray!

Discussion in 'Laptop Hardware' started by vickoxy, Sep 19, 2008.

1. vickoxy

vickoxy

Hi,
    i have this Problem: NM-applet dissapeared from my icon Tray. First i thought that wlan is broken ant that wifi is not working but i found nm-applet in /user/bin/nm-applet. When i doubleclick it it starts to working, have to put password again, and the symbol is again on tray. But how to put it there to be again always, as it should be?

UPDATE: i put again icon on system tray with xfce-autostart-editor, but i have to type every time my password. Auto doesn´t work anymore. How to fix it?
    And yes, all icons are now in the middle instead on the right side of a tray. How to put it back (i tried with tray manager but it doesn´t work-when i put icons on a right side, grey area of tray take 1/3 of display)
    Thanks

vickoxy, Sep 19, 2008
  2. vickoxy

vickoxy

I know that i am borring but i will put one more post here.
    I fix some problems with nm-applet. When i switch AA1 on my network and password are recognized, but after hibernation nm-applet dissapeares and i need to activate it manually. And to type again passwort.
    Anyone knows what should i do to make this smoothly working?
    Thanks

vickoxy, Sep 19, 2008
  3. vickoxy

Pau

Take a look at networking / wifi forum. You're not alone at all!!

Pau, Sep 21, 2008
  4. vickoxy

vickoxy

Thanks Pau, i looked and still looking solution-problem is hibernation-after StandBy i need to activate WiFi manually. Still, password is recognized now. So i made little progress.
    Regards

vickoxy, Sep 21, 2008
Ask a Question