Newly purchased Aspire One Strange Model...

Discussion in 'Windows' started by TheLightItBurns, Jan 1, 2009.

1. TheLightItBurns

TheLightItBurns

Hi all, I just purchased my Aspire One, at the Wal-Mart in my town, because I am a little impatient, and didn't want to wait for holiday shipping. I got, what I thought was a 3 cell model, because of the $348 dollar price point, which I was a little dissapointed that they didn't offer the 6 cell, but oh well. I get it home, and start using it, to realize that I have a 160 GB hard drive, which I thought was only on the 6 cell models. I even checked the box, and it says 120 GB. I am confused... Did they give me the wrong Aspire One in the wrong box? If that happened, I would count myself to be very lucky. It says 120 on the box, but my computer reads that I have 148GB... Model on the bottom of the One, is 150-1777, its the Saphire Blue edition. Any opinions? Thanks!

TheLightItBurns, Jan 1, 2009
  2. TheLightItBurns

Photomonk

You got what many of us got, and I would take it as a holiday upgrade from Acer. Enjoy your AAO. :shock: :mrgreen:

Photomonk, Jan 1, 2009
  3. TheLightItBurns

TheLightItBurns

That I will, thank you, and thank you acer! So this one even should have a 6 cell?

TheLightItBurns, Jan 2, 2009
  4. TheLightItBurns

Photomonk

Let's not get piggish now! Take the free upgrade and be happy with it. If you complain, they may ask you to send it back and you will get what you originally paid for. Now you really don't want that do you? :shock:

Photomonk, Jan 2, 2009
  5. TheLightItBurns

TheLightItBurns

Oh, believe me, I wasn't going to complain, I was just curious. I consider myself pretty lucky to get a 160 HD instead of a 120.

6. TheLightItBurns

bluucrayonz

i got the same as yours. except my total size is 144GB. o wells. cheers! lOl :lol:

bluucrayonz, Jan 2, 2009
  7. TheLightItBurns

yachtpro

Shows smaller than 160 because of the hidden partition containing the e-recovery files (OS, drivers, etc.) Seems a lot of us got the freebee 160 drive. Acer is selling 10k to 15k of these units a month in Taiwan alone so the upgrade is probably because they ran out of 120's. I certainly am not complaining about the extra size, and it's a Seagate to boot.

yachtpro, Jan 2, 2009
  8. TheLightItBurns

TheLightItBurns

Yeah, I took care of the recovery partition, I was just really surprised that it was pretty much a free upgrade. Thanks everybody for their input as well.

Ask a Question