New user -- very impressed

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by Guest, Sep 2, 2008.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

I picked up the AOA150 yesterday at Microcenter for a trip to Europe next weekend. I thought the small screen might put me off but 1024x600 is quite good on the bright screen. I promised myself I wouldn't mod it until I returned from the trip but that lasted exactly until the kids went to bed. I had the RAM upgraded within 30 minutes and Vista was installed an hour later. I'm VERY impressed with the speed of Vista on this hardware. Give the machine 30 seconds to settle down after the boot process and you're good. It feels no different than my wife's two year old $399 Aspire 3680 (1.4GHz Celeron) running XP with gig of RAM. I believe it's only a matter of time before a 6 cell, 1.5GB Aspire One ships with Vista pre-installed.

Right now I'm quite pleased for the amount of machine I got for $349. The only thing I'm lacking is a 6 cell battery.

Anyone know what the wifi situation is in Amsterdam these days? I fly in Sunday morning!

Guest, Sep 2, 2008
  2. Guest

Raido

WiFi should be plenty Ok in downtown Amsterdam, even in my midsized Dutch town there are several hotspots. It will be handy to look up a hotspot map beforehand though.

Have a good flight and no, though you can get semi-legal weed specially in A'dam, don't go stashing it all up and run into the local police ;)

Raido, Sep 2, 2008
Ask a Question