New User To Aspire One

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by Khaos, May 30, 2009.

1. Khaos

Khaos

Just recently purchased an Aspire one with a 6 cell battery. I was looking through most of the programs that came on it, and there are quite a bit. I was wondering if anyone here has gotten rid of any, if so, which ones?? Also noticed a lot of things on my start up on msconfig, how do I know which ones to get rid of? I really just want to get rid of all the unnecessary stuff that comes on the computer so I can can install my fav progrmas. Any help is appreciated.

Thnx

Khaos, May 30, 2009
  2. Khaos

wozofoz

Which model Acer Aspire One ? I have the ZG5 8.9" Windows XP 160 GB

If you have the McAfee anti-virus trial and you want to uninstall it Read This First

I used PC Decrapifier (free) to easily get rid of a lot of stuff. eg: The MS Home Student Trial

I uninstalled Adobe PDF Reader, it's huge and I don't need all it's features but you might. I use FoxIt PDF Reader (free version) it's small and does everything I need.

To manage StartUp I use Advanced System Care (free version)
    Select the item in the list, Click 'Online Search' in the left pane to see if it really needs to be enabled at StartUp.
    If no info was available, I searched it for the opinion of others.

All the best, woz of oz :)

wozofoz, May 30, 2009
Ask a Question