New User AOA150-1126 -- Where to Start??

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by ishta, Oct 5, 2008.

1. ishta

ishta

Hello all-

I am new to the netbook world and just received my new Acer Aspire One-- AOA150-1126 160gb/windows xp/6cell battery/white. Could you please let me know what are the recommended update/upgrades for this model-- bios, webcam, wifi ect.. or has this model been fully updated upon release. I have seen along list of driver updates, but am not sure what is necessary for this newer version just released. All I have done thus far is update the wifi driver via the device manager. I am not sure as to what is "recommended" and what is "necessary" for this model or this model vs the AOA110.

Any advice for what to do with regards to initial setup/changes that need to be made 'out of the box'. I received my netbook yesterday from CDW-- awesome computer-- I just want to make sure that I have the latest software and hardware for this computer to try and avoid any problems in the future and of course, to optimize performance.

All/any recommendations would be greatly appreciated. Thank you for your help. Also, please post your thoughts about your AOA150 model.

ishta, Oct 5, 2008
Ask a Question