New Laptop

Discussion in 'Which Laptop should I buy?' started by cardinals27, Sep 10, 2016.

1. cardinals27

cardinals27

I am going to be getting a new laptop soon. I was wondering what laptop you guys think would be best for someone who is going to use it in school. It is not really for gaming or anything like that.

cardinals27, Sep 10, 2016
  2. cardinals27

something back

The general rule is if your not using high powered games, things like graphic design,
    online gaming.

Then a high priced high powered laptop is not required.

Go for the best laptop you can afford with the best graphic G.P.U.

It's more important to get some extra warranty,this can be done online cheaper
    than a shop will offer you.

The most important thing is to get yourself a back up drive and back it up twice a week or when you have written lots of school work. DON'T LEAVE IT TO CHANCE it could cost you your school work.

This free backup software is great it's called backupper, found here:

http://www.backup-utility.com/free-backup-software.html

something back, Sep 10, 2016
  3. cardinals27

cluckeyo

HP.com has some wonderful deals. I just bought mine. It is a quad core with extra long life battery. I paid just over $300 for it. I bought it online and I have really enjoyed it. It is so light. Way lighter than my last one, which was a Dell. I am very impressed with HP. I have 2 of their laptops now and one wireless printer. All of these devices are operating very, very well. I highly recommend HP.com.

cluckeyo, Sep 10, 2016
  4. cardinals27

Fuzyon

Well it would've helped if you've given us a price limit because I would personally buy a Dell XPS 15 if I had the funds, it's the best choice for general use and the battery and weight is amazing. if you're not looking for Windows, Linux or high levels of performance you can get away with a Chromebook for basic apps and browsing the internet.

Fuzyon, Sep 10, 2016
  5. cardinals27

vinaya

I think you should look for laptops that have better battery backups. Since you will be using your laptop outdoors most of the time, the laptop should perform for longer hours. I think HP and Dell are good laptops. You can also try Chinese laptop Lenovo or Japanese Toshiba.

vinaya, Sep 10, 2016
  6. cardinals27

rz3300

Well I would just have to say you should think about a Chromebook. I am not sure what all your needs are, but when it comes to class I love having mine. It is small and portable, which is really a big time for me when it comes to having to lug something around. Of course if you want something a little more complete I cannot blame you. Hope this helps a little bit and best of luck.

rz3300, Sep 10, 2016
  7. cardinals27

KimmyMarkks

I'm a fan of the HP hardware. The only issue they can be a little heavy sometimes. I also have a Lenovo touch screen. I like it for its flexibility (it can turn into a tablet) and it is really light weight (easy to carry), however, the touchscreen aspect gets glitchy.
    The Chrome book doesn't have all the features a normal laptop would so just do your research first!

KimmyMarkks, Sep 10, 2016
  8. cardinals27

Aree Wongwanlee

For school? By that, do you mean just for surfing the Web to look for information and using the laptop to do your school assignments? In that case, just a basic model would be fine. Save the money. Keep it for some other things. Oh, get one installed with Linux. That's cheaper. Or get one without any OS and install Linux yourself. That's cheaper still.

Aree Wongwanlee, Sep 11, 2016
Ask a Question