NEW GMA 500 DRIVER!!!!

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by samusishere, Jul 2, 2010.

1. samusishere

samusishere

Hi everyone, i just noticed that intel released a new driver!!!!! for windows 7 ofcorse. However i noticed that it doesnt really improve much on enyhting but it ight just be me. someone tell me what you think.

samusishere, Jul 2, 2010
  2. samusishere

davidh5551

I just downloaded it and installed it. Not much improvement but playing 720p youtube videos I could note some better performance. Video is smoother but the cpu ussage is really high, what means that hardware acceleration is not working even when it´s enabled. Windows evaluation didn´t change at all: aero desktop shows 4,5 and games performance shows 2,3. Hopefully they wouldn´t stop improving the driver until it shows some decent performance.

davidh5551, Jul 3, 2010
  3. samusishere

samusishere

im still confused on how people get 4.3 in the evaluation. i only get 2.9. well question. is the animations fluied?

samusishere, Jul 6, 2010
  4. samusishere

Indie

No it isn't. It's actually certain GMA drivers, or it can be a result of a bug. Either way there's no performance impacts.

Indie, Jul 7, 2010
  5. samusishere

davidh5551

Actually aero looks super fluid and smooth but that's even before this driver. It might have to do something with the bios. I'm using 3212 bios version. Graphics evaluation shows 2,3 and I can tell you it's crap. No improvement in that area. There have been a lot of discussion out there about the 4,3 evaluation in aero performance and some people is getting that kind of score. For some reason, some people got lucky and it's everything but a bug because the performance it's great. Aero looks awesome.

davidh5551, Jul 7, 2010
  6. samusishere

samusishere

Howww.! i cant get it to do enything fulid!!! every tie i close a windows it sits there for a sec and then just closes. it doesnt work right at all.!

samusishere, Jul 9, 2010
  7. samusishere

samusishere

to be honest, i think that perfromance has actwally degraded with this driver.!

samusishere, Jul 9, 2010
Ask a Question