New ebay Windows 10 OS Install Gone Wrong?

Discussion in 'Windows' started by savatreatabvr, Feb 16, 2023.

1. savatreatabvr

savatreatabvr

Just installed Windows 10 Pro on my older HP laptop, well installed it over the old Windows 10 OS and it went well except now the screen goes black for 2 or 3 seconds every hour or so and when I play games like War Thunder it freezes the game for 5 seconds or so every few minutes. I have 32g of RAM, 1tb HD, intel i7 and 500 Mbps. While writing this thread my laptop reset itself for whatever reason and had to sign in again. I must have dropped the ball while installing this OS or someone is remotely playing games with me. Is there some settings somewhere I can tweak or did I screw up the OS install?

I have a new Windows 11 OS but I'm hesitant on installing it until I get the Windows 10 running properly. I'm obviously not an IT guy some any help with this is greatly appreciated!

savatreatabvr, Feb 16, 2023
  2. savatreatabvr

Invictus

Hello!

Since those problems that you described had started after the new windows 10 installation over an old installation of the same OS (not recommended) you can try to check for errors with the following steps:

1. Run DOS as administrator: open the start menu and write CMD, after that right click with the mouse ant select "Run as administrator".
    2. Once in DOS mode write: "
    DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealth"
    3. If errors were found write: "DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth /Source:repairSource\install.wim"

Hope this helps.

PS: You can always do a clean install.

Invictus, Mar 25, 2023
Ask a Question