New bios, now power shuts off, dead

Discussion in 'Laptop Hardware' started by motorapido, Nov 1, 2010.

1. motorapido

motorapido

During the process of updating the bios on my Aspire One aoa, as the BIOS was installing from a USB stick, the computer began to reboot but then the reboot quit and the green power-on light faded and turned off and the indicator light on the battery turned off. The computer won't turn back on. I then followed instructions for removing power cord and battery, holding down power button for 60 seconds, then plugging back in, but when I plug in the green light on the power button turns on for just seconds then fades and turns off and the computer won't turn on. I let it sit unplugged without the battery all night and same problem this morning. What to do?

motorapido, Nov 1, 2010
  2. motorapido

motorapido

More information about my problem. I had opened the computer to install a new Wireless N card. After doing so, it wouldn't boot, saying something about some corrupt file. I tried to boot from the system CD, but that didn't work either. That's when I created a USB BIOS boot stick using another computer, following some online instructions. In the process of running that USB stick BIOS update, everything stopped and that's when my big no-power problem began. Could I have pinched a wire or made a short inside when I was installing the Wireless N card? Could that have caused the corrupted file problem that caused me to have booting problems and then eventually power-loss problems? Should I open it back up and inspect all wires that could have been pinched? Good reasoning, or not?

motorapido, Nov 1, 2010
Ask a Question