New Asus Vivobook flip wifi & microphone not working/present

Discussion in 'Laptop Hardware' started by NewAsusUser, Dec 7, 2023.

1. NewAsusUser

NewAsusUser

Hi,
    I'm new to this forum so I hope someone can help. My old Dell laptop died and I've replaced it with a new Asus vivobook. The drive on the Dell was copied across to the new machine. Unfortunately when I booted up, the internal wifi wasn't working (a problem I had with the Dell, so maybe the issue migrated with the drive) and I also had troubles with the webcam (now kind of fixed) but there's no microphone. The Asus has two mics either side of the webcam, but I can't find a driver of any sort for it. I installed Manycam, which seems to show up as the only mic on the system. I used it in a meeting and people said they couldn't hear me but could hear message notifications that I was receiving.

It's under warranty, so guess I could approach Asus, but I was wondering whether I should do a clean Windows installation and whether that would reset, or maybe the BIOS?

Anyway, hope that's relatively clear enough for someone to decipher.

Cheers.

NewAsusUser, Dec 7, 2023
Ask a Question