New AAO User! Couple of Questions!

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by Filiab, Sep 3, 2008.

1. Filiab

Filiab

Hey AAO Users, I will be picking up my new AAO 160gb, 6-cell, Windows Home XP system at the end of the day, and I just had a few software related questions.

1)I heard a lot of users complaining about the XP partitions. Could someone tell me how they are set up, and if it does indeed cause a lot of heartache?

2) I am really interested in giving Linpus a try, however, I'm not really familiar with installing the OS, would anyone be able to direct me to a link providing a fairly straight forward guide on doing so?

3) I've also heard that Vista is a lot smoother on the AAO than it's XP counterpart.

Thanks a lot,

Filiab

Filiab, Sep 3, 2008
  2. Filiab

fletch33

1) i used Norton Partition Magic and installed OSX with no problems on my original HDD but have since upgraded to a 250GB HDD and again had no issues.
    2) could not find you a straight forward guide for beginners :( but there are many threads on here that deal with this and it looks like it will require some reading of those threads. look in the linux section
    3) i can't imagine how this could be possible but my XP partition runs as good as XP runs on any of my PC's

Linpus is a lit version of Fedora 8 so that might help your searching.

also you can see a good guide here that might be useful for understanding dual booting

fletch33, Sep 3, 2008
  3. Filiab

guinnessboy77

I'm also new to the forum, and I noticed a part of this post wasn't answered/commented on.

Does Vista work better then XP on the AA1? I have the XP version (1gig RAM, 120gig HDD) and I'm very happy with it, but I'm always looking to make my AA1 better.

Thank you in advance for your input.

guinnessboy77, Sep 9, 2008
Ask a Question