New AAO (moving slow)

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by SirMaxx, Jan 29, 2009.

1. SirMaxx

SirMaxx

Hello everybody.
    I just bought a new Aspire One Model No: ZG5
    Intel Atom 1,6GHZ
    1GB DDR2
    16GB HDD

The problem is that after i installed the operating system that was already pre-installed (Windows XP Home Edition SP3) it is loading very slow, there are tones of applications installed (IntelVideo,Google Desktop, McAfee and many many others).

Please recommend me a very light Windows Version.

SirMaxx, Jan 29, 2009
  2. SirMaxx

Ranger Wolf

Go to addremove programs and uninstall all those useless programs. once you get Mcafee off, your AAO will zoom along :D

Ranger Wolf, Jan 29, 2009
  3. SirMaxx

SirMaxx

Thank you for your fast reply.
    I have one more question:
    How can i change my Windows XP Home Edition Language Interface? It is now Italian but i want it to be English.

I also have to CD`s (System CD and Windows XP SP3 CD) what are this CD`s for and how can i use them?

SirMaxx, Jan 29, 2009
  4. SirMaxx

Forone

First check the "Acer empowering Technology" - eRecovery Management to doublecheck the ones Acer considers important enough to put there. After removing what you don't want, I'd suggest running CCleaner (highly rated free app, google it) for both disk and registry cleanup and then a good disk defragmenter (like Defraggler.) Run them after any major install / uninstall and every few weeks as part of your maintenance routine.

Haven't used it, but Settings / Control Panel / Regional and Language Options / Advanced seems to offer alternatives and a tick box for default setting. You might see what it says for your system and google how to use it.

Forone, Jan 29, 2009
Ask a Question