Netflix choppy

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by sadievan, Jun 4, 2011.

1. sadievan

sadievan

I have a 532h running Win 7 starter. When I watch a Netflix stream the movie sometimes stutters and is choppy. Anything I can do to fix this.

Thanks
    Carol

sadievan, Jun 4, 2011
  2. sadievan

nestone

I have same model. I installed 2 gigs of ram and upgraded to Windows 7 Premium. Think it's the extra ram that "fixed" Netflix. No chop anymore. Also, when watching a Netfix movie, make sure nothing is running in the background, like a virus scan. You want the CPU to use 100% of its resources on playing the movie.

nestone, Jun 7, 2011
  3. sadievan

sadievan

Thanks for the help. Do you remember which ram you used. I was reading through some of the posts in the thread about ram and some brands/types were not working.
    Also, do you disable your antivirus when using netflix or just make sure it's not running a scan.

Carol

sadievan, Jun 7, 2011
  4. sadievan

nestone

I installed a 2 gig stick of Crucial DDR2-667 (PC2-5300). No, I don't turn of the virus protection, just disable a scan or anything else in the background that might use CPU resources.

nestone, Jun 9, 2011
Ask a Question