Netbooks taking over the world?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by JimmiG, Mar 26, 2009.

1. JimmiG

JimmiG

Yesterday on the commuter train, there were three people using computers in my section of the train.

1 regular laptop
    1 HP Mini (2133 or 2140 I think)
    1 Aspire One (Blue, WinXP)

One passenger commented on how small and practical the netbook looked, at which point the guy with the regular ~15" laptop discreetly slid the machine back into the bag and looked in the other direction :p Unfortunately I didn't have my AAO with me or there would have been three netbooks vs just one laptop :)

They are really starting to show up everywhere - on commuter trains, coffee shops.. I bet when summer comes to my part of the world people will sit everywhere with their netbooks, in parks etc. and surf the net using 3G or Wifi hotspots. With a 6 or 9-cell battery you don't need to spend all those beautiful summer days inside just to surf the web on a proper computer.

JimmiG, Mar 26, 2009
  2. JimmiG

melhiore

Virgin Train last Saturday - Manchester to London: five netbooks in variety of flavors, two regular laptops with chargers plugged into power sockets. Two netbooks equipped with big capacity battery...

Manchester Starbucks (just before Virgin Train trip) - three netbooks with mine...

There must be something about taking world over by netbooks...

melhiore, Mar 27, 2009
  3. JimmiG

ronime

At last, a real use for those fold-down trays that you find on the backs of seats on trains and aeroplanes!

ronime, Mar 27, 2009
  4. JimmiG

melhiore

true... :)

melhiore, Mar 27, 2009
Ask a Question