Netbook Troubles Can You Help

Discussion in 'Laptop General Discussion' started by Krissttina Isobe, Oct 22, 2015.

1. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina Isobe

:(I borrow library netbooks. I have these kinds of troubles that seems to be caused by someone monitoring my netbook use and doing mischief to it when I use it. How do I remove the monitor who is making mischief such as:
    * cursor moves all over page even when typing. Cursor will go to another spot on page and when you look at your page when typing few sentences it's all jumbled.
    * page will go up or down on its own even as you type.
    * windows will close on its own as I'm typing even.
    * computer freezes.
    * netbook will work great & fast as it should first 2 days then it'll slow down so bad you could take a nap while you use this netbook.
    * at facebook there is a nut who keeps on logging into my account. I've reported them and they or someone else keeps logging into my account. I get alerts from facebook, check my settings security page and there they are, from Los Angeles, CA and I live on Oahu, HI! I've reported this to facebook and ic3.gov and still they return. The first 2 days of fast and good netbook use was without a Los Angeles login at facebook. Now the Los Angeles login on third day at facebook and my netbook does all the above! So how do I get rid of the monitor that makes all that mischief:confused:while I use the netbook? Can you help me? Thanks in advance and looking forward to all postings!

Krissttina Isobe, Oct 22, 2015
  2. Krissttina Isobe

something back

The problems you are experiencing are quite difficult to resolve given you are
    borrowing a computer. If you owned it ,you could resolve it with some ease
    the LA nut has installed some software on the borrowed computers probably
    through your facebook account that he or she has taken control of.

You only course of action is to contact facebook “first”, then get the library
    to thoroughly check the computers for trojan viruses.

All the things you describe are related.

something back, Oct 22, 2015
    Krissttina Isobe likes this.
  3. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina Isobe

Hi and thanks for your help! You know what...I have caught another IP on my facebook "where you're logged in" which make it 3 different IPs. I'll discuss it with the library to see if they can protect the computers better.
    Once at the library only on the computer I was using a terrible sound like a fire alarm and you know how annoying that is, pinging and a page went up about warning your computer is attacked by viruses. I called the librarian and they took a copy of the page, closed the computer down and let me use another computer. The nut follows me around on any library computer I use feeling like I'm being monitored and mischief done to me. I still manage to get things done on the computer! Thanks again!!!

Krissttina Isobe, Oct 23, 2015
  4. Krissttina Isobe

Geozef

Be careful logging in now, if it's necessary to create your new account don't hesitate to do it. This is to protect your identity from being stole by another party. Kinda keylogger stuff............

Geozef, Oct 23, 2015
  5. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina Isobe

:oops:I'm strictly user friendliest so many things are a mystery to me. I'd like to know what can be done to remedy the problem that I'm having. The library said while we have the netbook borrow I can do all things legal, like it was my little netbook,so I wonder if it's not too complicated to remedy this situation I am having using the netbook? Facebook and I are working together to solve this situation of the invader at my account. Looking forward to seeing simple things I can do to protect my little netbook use.:)

6. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina Isobe

Okay, what to do to protect identity?

7. Krissttina Isobe

Sefie

You should really try not to use PC that are used by other people :( Have you thought of getting a really cheap Toshiba laptop instead? They are so cheap! They also last very long if you take good care of them :) You'd not have to worry about this... you can definitely get your identity stolen this way.

Sefie, Oct 23, 2015
  8. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina Isobe

Well for right now I only use library computers. It works for others and should work for me. I spoke with the librarian and looking forward to nipping the problem in the bud easily with help here. The problem can be solved easily as said by something back. So now here we go to stop the nut from adding Trojan horses to computer I'm using!

Krissttina Isobe, Oct 24, 2015
  9. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina Isobe

What are some ways while I borrow netbook from library to resolve the Trojan horse problems? I can do certain things with the netbook while I borrow it. Hoping the resolutions will be user friendly please-thanks. I've discussed it with the librarian and it's okay to block Trojan horses while I use the netbook, since it happens to only me so far while I use the netbook. Whatever I do with the netbook gets totally cleaned when I return the netbook, so it's a go with solutions for stopping the intruder who puts Trojan horse on my netbook while I borrow it. Looking forward to getting some solutions to the Trojan horse problems. Thanks!

Krissttina Isobe, Oct 24, 2015
  10. Krissttina Isobe

Sefie

Best of luck to you then, I've never liked the idea of using public devices to be honest, but if you can make this work for you then kudos to you =D I could never sleep at night if I had to do everything I do (banking too) on a public device.

Sefie, Oct 24, 2015
  11. Krissttina Isobe

something back

Disclaimer to Krissttina Isobe it is my understanding that you have gained the
    express permission from the lender to install software on their machine, and that
    you alone have entered into a legal agreement with them before attempting such modifications.

All alterations specifically undertaken at your own risk

It is based on this specific knowledge that myself, and others may offer some help.

Resolving facebook issues

https://en-gb.facebook.com/help/203305893040179

Webroot spysweeper trial should be of some help, if not all.

http://www.webroot.com/us/en/home/products/trials/isp?trpd=WSAI&loc=USA

Malwarebytes again may help

https://www.malwarebytes.org/lp/sem/5/?sfc=sem-gs_b_uk_en&gclid=CJHdrOOp28gCFQs8GwodJAkFxQ

360-Total-Security may also stop it

http://www.freewarefiles.com/360-Total-Security_program_99727.html

If you wish to do a full uninstall of the programs after trying them then
    this will help with that.

Wise-Program-Uninstaller

http://www.freewarefiles.com/Wise-Program-Uninstaller_program_88833.html

I am “not suggesting” this be done by yourself but the lender may wish to do a fresh
    install at some point to resolve the problem once and for all.

Last edited: Oct 24, 2015
    something back, Oct 24, 2015
  12. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina Isobe

:oops:I'm at the library right now and will ask them about it the next time I get to borrow the netbook. Right now I'm on the waiting list to borrow the netbook again. Thanks so much for the help and I'll let you all know how it's going with the netbook borrow too. :)

Krissttina Isobe, Oct 25, 2015
  13. Krissttina Isobe

Geozef

About the mouse that moves by itself? I think someone installed an apps before the time you borrowed it from the library one of this apps called team viewer this apps can monitor all your activities while online or even control your PC remotely they can stole some of your personal information because they can see what you are doing once you logged in. Just be careful now, we don't know exactly if it is a virus or intentionally done by some freak out there... o_O

Geozef, Oct 26, 2015
  14. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina Isobe

:oops:Thanks so much for all the help. I'll be careful when I use the computer. It's safe for the library really checks things and cleans it when the user brings it back to the library. I asked about the different solutions and I can do it on the netbook I borrow. It's safe don't worry. Just that someone somehow is doing things to me via my facebook account. You got to be a tech to understand it for it's so unusual, but common that someone tries to steal your account by interfering with your use of computers I suppose, is happening. It's strange to bother people when you can have your own account. Being a victim of id theft adds to the spice of life and things. Did you know that my checking account had someone else's phone number on it and we caught it! See what victims of crime go through. Though the nuts doing the crime is crazy they are not stupid. Well wish me luck and I'm back on the waiting list at the library to use their netbook again.

Krissttina Isobe, Oct 29, 2015
  15. Krissttina Isobe

Geozef

Always welcome! ;)

Geozef, Oct 29, 2015
  16. Krissttina Isobe

IcyBC

I remembered having to use my library computer and we were not allowed to do anything to it except for using it to get online. We were also limited to only 30 minutes and if we want to be on it for an hour, we have to sign up in advance. It was such a chore so I ended up buying a laptop for my own convenient.

Glad things worked out for you!

IcyBC, Nov 2, 2015
  17. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina Isobe

:oops:Me too! I go to the library only to use their internet computers and we have 1 hour sessions that we can get our reset and get on for the whole day too resetting our library cards. Half an hour is just too short. Many search for jobs, do internet jobs, enter contests etc here at the library. Some people take college courses or the like and further their education on the library computers too. It's so sad that some libraries have only half an hour sessions. We pay for our print out 15 cents a page and no double sided pages any longer. I spoke to the library about the situation and wrote to the library's IT department. As long as you return the netbook in good condition you can borrow it and do anything legal with it while you borrow it, because they'll wipe it clean after you return it for the next borrower. The waiting line is long and it takes about a month to 2 months to borrow a netbook at our little neighborhood library. The main library has a first come first server netbook borrow. I like the library internet computers for they are really fast and has most modern apps for it and safety measures as well. The library like the fact you communicate with them about their computers. Wish me luck when I borrow the next netbook...thanks everyone!:)

Krissttina Isobe, Nov 5, 2015
Ask a Question