netbook newb, been studying

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by Anfernee, Jun 13, 2009.

1. Anfernee

Anfernee

Hey guys, I've been looking into netbooks since the original Eee PC and the everex cloudbook. and I think I'm finally to a point of buying one. I know which one I want, but I need to know the number for it. I get confused with AOA, AAO, 150, 250, and then the letters after the numbers... the one I'm looking at is 8.9", 160GB with winXP, and 1 GB of ram and a 6-cell battery. Also, its got a mini mouse included. Its at walmart for $298 now. I'm thinking its the AOA150, but I'm not sure... my store has blue and red in stock, but did have white. I think I want the red one, but haven't seen one in person, and they won't let me open the box to look at it. Can someone post a pic of a red one, so I can make sure its not going to be too bright?

Anyway, here are some of my plans, and want to know if there's anything I should worry about...

I'm most likely going to triple-boot, with XP, Linux (UNR? or is there any better one?), and Os(X)
    XP, I will use mostly for work, and whatever small games I can direct download from somewhere, and an E-book (found a how-to in a pc-world magazine)
    Linux, games that I can download from synaptics
    OS(X), I REALLY don't know. I haven't used it enough to know what its good for, I just know that it looks cool, and I want to find a use for it...

What options do I have in terms of desktop virtualization? I know I can use Wubi in Windows, so there's my linux/windows combo, and on a REAL mac, I can use parallels to run OSX and windows. I was just wondering if there are any free options to run any one of 3 OSes without having to re-boot..

Anfernee, Jun 13, 2009
  2. Anfernee

DonQuichote

There are a number of free virtualization programs available. Xen, VMWare, Virtualbox and others have free versions if they are not entirely free. With the specs you give, it should certainly be able to emulate my AAO with 512MB memory and 8GB solid state drive...

DonQuichote, Jun 13, 2009
Ask a Question