Needs username and password

Discussion in 'Networking' started by mirnog, Mar 18, 2009.

1. mirnog

mirnog

hi, im helping out a computer illiterate friend, im doing an applied computing degree but only did one module of linux, with problem. To sign on to our uni network u need both your username and password(pw needs to eb changed once a year). I managed to get my nokia N82 setup fine by using the method below, but i tried to connect her AA1 btu couldnt see a place for the username and password only a key. Any help? oh plus heres the windows wireles help from the unihttp://www.dundee.ac.uk/ics/services ... idewin.htm

"when found it says "UoD_WIFI"
    status "Public"
    Wlan mod "infrastructure"
    security mode "WPA/WPA2"

security settings
    wpa/wpa2 set this to EAP
    WPA2 only - off

then go into eap plug in settings
    the only one that should be ticked is "EAP-PEAP"

EAp-peap settings
    personal certificate - undefined
    Authority cerificate - i set this to "gte cyber trust global", you can choose only one but i got the list from a friend who was using their laptop on the uni network at the time. so if this one doesnt work get this list off of them
    username - user defines
    realm from certificate
    then realm left blanck
    peap v0/1/2 all yes

next press right and make sure EAP-MSCHAPv2 is the only selected you can move it to the top if you want

Then within here you can enter your main uni username and password

come back one to the place where EAP-MSCHAPv2 selected then press right"

mirnog, Mar 18, 2009
Ask a Question