Need WinXP Driver for AO521

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by fhulgzz, Feb 17, 2011.

1. fhulgzz

fhulgzz

Hey guys, I need help here, I need Windows XP Drivers for Acer AO521 Netbook. The Acer site only provides Win7 drivers. I can't even found it in google especially the chipset driver which include the VGA driver also.

Any help will be much appreciated. See yah.

fhulgzz, Feb 17, 2011
  2. fhulgzz

Acer-PR

Acer-PR, Feb 17, 2011
  3. fhulgzz

fhulgzz

owkie I will try this one. Thanks mate. ;)

fhulgzz, Feb 18, 2011
  4. fhulgzz

fhulgzz

hi there, It is still not working :( the Chipset driver of AO521 is only for Win7 not compatible in XP. I cant find also driver of A250. By the way what is that A250 is that an Aspire? There are some chipset drivers of other models but it is intel. the AO521 is AMD chipset. Im waiting for some other replies, I really need help here.

fhulgzz, Mar 1, 2011
  5. fhulgzz

Swarvey Moderator

Do you know which model the chipset is? The driver should be available on the AMD website. Check this link which should help you identify the chipset you have. You should then be able to goto http://www.amd.com and in the upper-right corner of the site are some drop down menus. Choose Embedded graphics, choose your model, choose Windows XP 32 bit, and follow the rest of the instructions and you should be on your way to obtaining the right drivers.

Swarvey, Mar 1, 2011
  6. fhulgzz

fhulgzz

Hi, I already did that bro and this is what the site said:
    by the way my AO521 has ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4225 graphics..
    AMD Athlon II Neo Processor K125 (1.7GHz)
    1GB DDR3 Memory

fhulgzz, Mar 6, 2011
  7. fhulgzz

Swarvey Moderator

Do a google search for the ATi Mobility Modder. It's an application that modifies the installer of the driver to allow you to install the desktop driver on a mobile chip.

As an example, you would download the PC (XP) version of the HD 4225 driver, run the mobility modder to convert it to a mobile driver, then install it on your netbook. I've used it several times, the most recent being when one of my customers bought a Win7 Toshiba laptop and wanted to run XP instead of 7.

Swarvey, Mar 6, 2011
  8. fhulgzz

fhulgzz

Hey man, ATi Mobility Modder doesn't support HD 4225 or 4200 series, I did try it.

But :lol: problem solved mate, Big Thanks to you, Im hopeless after I tried Mobility MOdder, what I did is I take a guess, I was thinking of what u have just said earlier Go to www.AMD.com in the upper right corner I choose for Category: Embedded Graphics, Product Line: Radeon Embedded then I took a guess, I tried downloading the last one AMD 780E | SB710 Chipset and voila it works...

Thanks man, I appreciate you work for having a little time replying my post. ;)

fhulgzz, Mar 7, 2011
  9. fhulgzz

Swarvey Moderator

Haha cool, good that you got it sorted. Keep an eye out for updates to the mobility modder, chances are they'll update it sooner or later to support your chipset.

Swarvey, Mar 9, 2011
Ask a Question