Need to make a backup of my CF Windows installation

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by pinchez, Aug 10, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pinchez

pinchez

I have also posted this in the SSD Projects thread.

Basicly I've replaced the SSD with a Transcend 16GB 300x CF card using the Zif adaptor. Everything works accept my card is only recognised as a UDMA Mode 4 device with a write speed of 22MB when it should be recognised as a UDMA Mode 5 device with a write speed of 45MB.

I have tested the card using two different adaptors and different cables with no change.

I mailed the store where i bought my Transcend 16GB 300x CF card and they replied asking me to send it back for testing and if found to be faulty they will replace.

I have a really good Windows XP SP3 installation with office and lots more apps all finely tweaked which took me a long time so if possible i would like to back up the CF card so i can restore it on to the replacement card.

Is there a way i can make a perfect backup of my current installation on the CF card using my Desktop PC + Card Reader and be able to restore it when i get the replacement card?

Thanks guys

pinchez, Aug 10, 2008
  2. pinchez

KiNG

do not post in double locations plz.

KiNG, Aug 10, 2008
Ask a Question