need help getting win xp re installed

Discussion in 'Windows' started by ipodbill, May 20, 2009.

1. ipodbill

ipodbill

Aspire One model ZGS
    Netbook will not boot into windows. How do I re install OS from the recovery partition? The manuual that came with the unit onlly shows how to restore system that can boot into windows. (Acer eRecovery Management)

ipodbill, May 20, 2009
  2. ipodbill

Guest Guest

You can try ALT+F10 at start up, although that may only work with a recovery CD but worth a try

Guest, May 22, 2009
  3. ipodbill

cat_fan_ky

my acer aspire one windows xp edition went into a boot loop, it would run the post, then go to the windows xp startup screen where the little progress bar runs, go blue screen, back to post, then give me the option of starting in one of several safe mode options. after trying to get something to load and then boot on an USB thumbdrive/flash drive, i eventually backtracked and put everything back into the bios, rebooted and hit ALT+F10, which then started the recovery, which overwrote everything BUT did reinstall my windows XP.

cat_fan_ky, May 30, 2009
Ask a Question