Need help choosing a laptop for college!

Discussion in 'Which Laptop should I buy?' started by AKim, Feb 1, 2016.

1. AKim

AKim

Hey guys, so recently I've been looking for a laptop to buy before I go to college, and after doing some research, I REALLY liked the Dell XPS 15 non-touch.
    The specs are:
    Processor: 6th Generation Intel Core i7-6700HQ Quad Core (6M Cache, up to 3.5 GHz)
    Memory: 8GB (2x4GB) 2133Mhz DDR4
    Hard Drive: 256GB PCIe Solid State Drive
    Video Card: NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 960M with 2GB GDDR5
    Display: 15.6" Screen with (1920 x 1800) InfinityEdge

It was very practical for a student and also is able to handle my hobby of playing games such as League of Legends and CS:GO with ease. I'm not a hard core gamer so the GTX 960M was perfect.
    HOWEVER after showing some of my friends who are some what techies, they said for the price of around $1500-$1800 USD it was over priced and for what this laptop offers me I could get the same for a lower price or even better with that price.
    So my question is can anyone help me find a laptop like the XPS 15 that's I guess not "over priced"? My budget is around $1500-$1800.
    If you guys need anything else, I will try to answer them to the best of my ability

Last edited: Feb 1, 2016
    AKim, Feb 1, 2016
  2. AKim

sharatharadhya

It all goes down to what you need. If you need a gaming Laptop, and if you are buying this as your main computer get a bulky Workstation Laptop for around the same price. If you want your machine to look great, be portable, have a great battery life and still perform like a champ, get the new Microsoft Surface Book. It is great for students. It is great as a laptop and it is a great Tablet. I strongly recommend going for the SurfaceBook.

sharatharadhya, Feb 2, 2016
Ask a Question