Need advice - Should I wait?

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by dakennedy, Oct 16, 2008.

1. dakennedy

dakennedy

Scoured the internet for all the info I could on all the netbooks available, I've thankfully decided on the AA1. Now the question begins, should I buy it now or wait around Thanksgiving time where these prices will drop (or possibly release a new one)?

Do you think they'll drop a significant amount to wait a whole month?

Any advice??

Thanks!

dakennedy, Oct 16, 2008
  2. dakennedy

diverduck1994

Its tech buy now and enjoy. It will always be old tech in a month so why wait. For example I bought a gps unit about six months ago $230 garmin nuvii 1 week later price drop $200 one month later about $160 dollars on sale. Hey tech changes fast so if you wait for something better 1 month later there be something else even better. Life is to short to wait enjoy now. Good luck let us know. :D

diverduck1994, Oct 16, 2008
  3. dakennedy

rjm

Not if you are buying in the US, no. If the price where you are is a lot more than the US price, it's possible you'll see it fall to match in that timeframe.

rjm, Oct 16, 2008
  4. dakennedy

dakennedy

no I'm in the US... I sacked it up and just bought one off Newegg last night.

I decided to go with the 160 gig, 6 cell so if a new one does come out it won't blow mine away...... hopefully....

dakennedy, Oct 16, 2008
  5. dakennedy

diverduck1994

Congrads. I'm sure you'll be happy, at least I am. Enjoy

diverduck1994, Oct 16, 2008
  6. dakennedy

Murgatroid

I'll be curious to see what kind of sales happen on black friday for the AAO. It's already priced at a fairly low price, and it's apparent that the competition (ASUS, MSI, etc) are having a hell of a time trying to match it. I wonder how much lower it can go and still be economically viable. It really is a race to the bottom...

-steve

Murgatroid, Oct 17, 2008
  7. dakennedy

jej514

I agree with Steve - Acer does have the competition beat as far as value (cost vs. features). And they are solid little machines.

dakennedy, what color did you go with? I must say, the brown one looks interesting...

Jeff

jej514, Oct 17, 2008
  8. dakennedy

dakennedy

I went with the black... I was debating with the white but that was 25 bucks more (for some reason).

I read a few articles saying that because of the apparent demise of circuit city, that black friday this year will be a good one for the consumers (or bad one for the economy depending on how you look at it)

dakennedy, Oct 20, 2008
Ask a Question