My screen is totaly dark

Discussion in 'Laptop Hardware' started by pkk, Sep 19, 2009.

1. pkk

pkk

Hi, I used my Acer Aspire One D150 with no AC power until it shut down. I plugged it in to charge the battery, and now the notebiik tutns on all dark. I can see the desktop using a flashlight but it's impossible to see anyting. I tried changing the brighness with the fn+>/< and fn+F6 but nothing happend. I'm about to give up. Has anyone tackled a similiar problem or has any idea what should I do?

pkk, Sep 19, 2009
  2. pkk

viranha

it might be because of the inverter of the LCD, I've got the same problem with you. I see the problem is the transformator of the inverter ( it is use to lit the back lit of LCD) is burn.

viranha, Sep 25, 2009
  3. pkk

caulktel

No its not the inverter, because there is no inverter. Inverters are used in the older laptops to create the high voltage to fire the tube that illuminates the display. Acer uses Crystal Brite technology which is nothing more than white LED's instead of the neon tube. Try FN+F5 or F6.

caulktel, Sep 25, 2009
  4. pkk

nickgbb

My ZG5 is doing the exact same thing. I realize there is no inverter.. would replacing the screen do the trick? The screen I'm looking at on eBay comes with the circuitry on the back.

nickgbb, Dec 1, 2009
Ask a Question